The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

keyword ranking tracking

L

longroad

I really want to start tracking hundreds of keywords for rankings in the search engines.

I used to use the Digital Point tool for that but it stopped working. I have SEO Elite but that also struggles when you need to track more than a few keywords.

Does anyone know the best way to track keyword rankings?

Years ago, eons actually back when I did SEO for a living there were a couple good ones. BUT the main one that people used started getting people in trouble with Google. Google does not like automated queries. So I really don't know what people use these days.

Just research and be sure what you use is not causing sites to get banned or blacklisted.

Just an update on this. The free version only lets you track 5 keywords at a time. Hardly worth it!

I'll keep searching....

i believe doing a manual checking of your keyword will be the most accurate thing to do (i should know because i do this)... we SEO shouldn't be really depending with webmasters' tools, because we should be after the quality of our work not the with how many tasks we can accomplish in a day, besides SEO is a long term basis of work... slowly but surely :D

You may need an update for seo elite. try starting it from your start menu and see if they have an update due.

Mine still works as my other seo software.

Here is a web based on that works.

Search Engine Position Tool

Just research and be sure what you use is not causing sites to get banned or blacklisted.

Linda makes a good point, now days the engines allow only a certain number of Keyword searches through a placement querry API. I use WebPosition 4.0 Pro however I can only perform 30 keyword placement searches per hour or my IP could get banned. I have heard there is an ability to do large volume keyword search's through a public domain but that is another story.

WebPosition 4.0 Pro pulls good reports however you have to FTP them up to a server to get the full report, the .csv and .xls versions are not pulling very pretty...I have tried almost every keyword placement tool and this one so far is the best.

Best way to track Keyword ranking is the software available in market its known as SEO Elite,there are lots of softwares regarding Keyword ranking but i would suggest this one to be the best.

Thanks Edwin! I blogged about it in April, was going to try it, but totally forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder.
So many tools - so little time! :p

To track multiple keywords over multiple sites, I use Rank Tracker.

It's better than SEO EWlite IMHO.

Plus it spits out really sexy reports.

I have used SEO Elite and Keyword Elite with great success and lately I have been working with Hexatrack which is like a web based Keyword Elite.

:D

MI
Back