The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword Planner Tool Issue (newbie here)

monkeymind

affiliate
Hi there. I'm new to all this and getting my head around keyword research. I have been playing around with the google keyword planner tool for a couple of weeks but for the last couple of days the monthly average volumes are now broad ranges e.g. 1k to 10000k instead of just a number.

I think I am meant to start a campaign to get more detailed data due to some change with google trying to get more money. Just wondered if there was a workaround this or if the ranges are informative enough for the research without being exact - enough for a newbie to get going at least with a niche site.

Maybe there are other alternative free resources? (being hopeful)

Bit annoying as just as I seem to be getting my head around something the rug is pulled out from under my feet.

Yep, try ubersuggest[dot]io ;) + it's free!

Cheers - I have come across that site before and had a play about but did not realise if you add the toolbar extension you get the monthly searches and cpc data too.

It's good to be back on the start line!

cheers guys. Was a bit of a freak out thing for me as everything I read always had the google keyword tool as the central tool and the other ones as a 'use them as well' label. Also checking out the free bit of kwfinder.com and the bing tool.

Still figuring it all out and trying to get my head around what might be good and achievable keywords to target though at some point I should bite the bullet and crack on with actually doing something.

Now if anyone can help me catch a mouse hiding in my living room without killing it...

Hey buddy. It is good that you have raised this issue. I want to tell you that it is not only google keyword planner that will help you choose the best keywords. There are several other tools that you can be able to use and even most of them are free of charge. Kindly try out the ones that have been shared by my buddies and see what works out best for you.

surely what works best is what's most accurate, no? So the question is where do the tools mentioned get their stats from and which is the most accurate according to the big G?

As you are newbie I strongly suggest to use long tail pro and playing with it. Because in the long run long tail pro you bring you the quality research result which brings you more and more traffic.

MI
Back