The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword Meta Tags

cooperj263

So Iv'e been reading a lot about keyword meta tags. I have came across a bunch of articles saying they don't matter anymore.
What is your Opinion ???

I believe that meta tags are still important. There is a big difference being on the front page of the search result and on the other pages.

So Iv'e been reading a lot about keyword meta tags. I have came across a bunch of articles saying they don't matter anymore.
What is your Opinion ???

I think it´s pretty clear, that Meta tags are not important for the on-page optimization.

But they are still a simple way to add a few more keywords to the site - hoping that Google´s algos will notice that.

It would be interesting to see how the page ranking would react, if one would remove them.
And to add them again after a certain time - whether there is an influence :confused:

Meta tags don't matter for ranking as far as I'm aware, but having a meta description written out helps out to attract more clicks when searchers do stumble across your site in SERPs.

having a meta description written out helps out to attract more clicks when searchers do stumble across your site in SERPs.

I have noticed that the Meta descriptions also don´t work anymore.

When it comes to the quote on the results page, Google doesn´t take anymore the Meta description, Google simply quotes the beginning of the article ...

[Maybe it still works for the paid ads -I don´t know-, but no more for the organic traffic.]

To be honest, whether they are important or not I'm now stuck in a habit of adding them to ever site I launch. Aslong as I'm not doing any harm I'm happy to do so for the small effort it takes.

To be honest, whether they are important or not I'm now stuck in a habit of adding them to ever site I launch. Aslong as I'm not doing any harm I'm happy to do so for the small effort it takes.

Yeah this.

They're definitely not as important as they used to be but they take two seconds to write so why not.

They haven't mattered to rank in Google's search engine for years now. Some search engines and potentially YouTube can be a different story though. It won't hurt to spend an extra 30 seconds adding the right meta keywords.

Matt Cutts said in 2009 that the meta tag keywords does not influence ranking (they will be ignored) in Google.

Bing uses meta tag keywords, I am adding them anyway.

MI
Back