The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Keyword Elite, SEO Elite - Anybody Use These?

djaco99

Hi,
I'm relatively new to internet marketing and am just now working on my 2nd website. For my first site, I spent weeks manually doing keyword analysis and research. I just bought Keyword Elite from Brad Callen, and have found it very useful in generating keyword lists and analyzing the competition. KE has helped me save a lot of time with research and discovering great new niches. Of course, my website has not launched yet so I don't know how successful my new topic will be. Brad sells another piece of software called SEO Elite, that is supposed to help with link trades, optimizing web pages, etc... It sounds good and I'm tempted to buy, but wanted to know if any others are using this and (if so), is it worth the money?

I'd also like to know what other software people are using for research and SEO purposes. All comments will be appreciated.

Hi djaco99,

I used to do SEO for a living and knew all the programs. Not any more. Have heard of that one but thats about all. I read a thread recently - think maybe it was at Seaerch Engine Watch or SE Roundtable about webmasters thinking sites they had optimized with some of the popular SEO programs were getting dropped by Google. Don't remember if that's one of the programs that were mentioned or not.

Thanks for the info Linda. Based on your experience with SEO, do you know of any good programs to use for SEO tasks as well as general site management tasks ( tasks such as search engine submission, keyword density analysis, link tracking, etc...)? I've played around with the free Web CEO, and like it pretty good but I'm sure there are better tools out there...

Well, like I said I don't live in the SEO world as much any more. I do my own SEO for my sites but don't keep up with or use any canned software. Not really sure you need it.

The things to be careful of with any SEO software are 1) Leaving a footprint that SE can easily identify. Once a bunch of people start using the same program it can be easy for the SE to spot a site optimized with the sw. This has happened with a couple well known programs. 2) Doing rank checking with SEO software. Some engines don't like all the bot traffic and it's easy for them to see you are working hard to optimize your sites if you are constantly checking your rankings. 3) Submitting. You really don't need to submit any more and some engines like G like it much better when they spider the page as opposed to being force fed the link. So I don't submit any more at all. I just hit my pages with the G toolbar and link them to my MSN blog and a couple other places and they get picked up faster and ranked higher IMHO. In fact even my newest site www.5starblogs.com got a high ranking and PR 5 right out of the gate and I never submitted to a single SE. Never even got sandboxed. Already Alexa 140,796 too. Barely even promoted it.

I just use the FREE Digital Point KW tool for KW research and love it. http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

Bunch of other tools are listed here:
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=113
and
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=1296

Hope this helps and best of luck!

I use SEO Elite for link building but do not use the automatic link page creation feature as that leaves footprints behind but do use it for finding new link partners and keeping tract of the ones I have.

I would also recommend WebCEO Free version to help with your pages on page SEO as it just gives you recommendations based on current SE guidlines and will not leave any footprint on your page since you must make any changes it suggests manually yourself. It also has a link popularity, keyword suggestion, PPC management, and keyword rank checking tools.

banners
Back