The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword density

Toucan-marketing

affiliate
Honestly, guys, I am a bit confused here: reading loads of e-books on article marketing, they do contradict each other. Here are the variations I have met so far:
1-3%
3-5%
5-10%
2-4%

To be honest I do have one favorite, and I can tell you: if you use over 5% Ezine Articles will not accept the submission at all, but need some votes.

P. s. Just checked my article stats, I should stop reading e-books! The one I wrote before had almost 700 clicks the rest considerably less!

There really is no "ideal" or "correct" keyword density figure and the best advice I can give you is to ignore it as a statistic. Focus on writing for the reader, use your most important search terms in the title tag and somewhere in the body, and use variations on the prime search terms (synonyms, inverted phrases, etc.). Search engines need to be able to determine the "theme" of your content. That's what it's all about.

To maximize ranking for specific search terms, try to get them in the anchor text for incoming links to a page, both internal navigation links and incoming external links.

There really is no "ideal" or "correct" keyword density figure and the best advice I can give you is to ignore it as a statistic. Focus on writing for the reader, use your most important search terms in the title tag and somewhere in the body, and use variations on the prime search terms (synonyms, inverted phrases, etc.). Search engines need to be able to determine the "theme" of your content. That's what it's all about.

To maximize ranking for specific search terms, try to get them in the anchor text for incoming links to a page, both internal navigation links and incoming external links.

Great tips, thanks.
I was thinking about asking the same question: synonyms but you already answered. I feel that if I write the natural way, my articles get a much better CTR anyway....

Personally, the way I think about it is to give them what the search engines want as they are the ones controlling the rankings.

What do search engines want? They want to provide THEIR customer, the searchers, with the most reliable, safe and valuable website that they can to ensure a good customer experience.

What makes up a good site?
Authority.

What is authority?
If we think about authority in real life it is experts on a subject, for search engines it is for whatever the search is.

How do you become authoritative?
The same way as experts do in real life:
They work very hard = fresh content related to the search topic
They have been around for a while continually working on their field of expertise= Domain age and how it has grown
AND
People become authorities in real life based on other people recommending them, quoting their work, and referencing them = Backlinks and anchor text relevancy.

Write your content for the reader, keeping in mind kw density and links, and you will be successful in whatever you do.

banners
Back