The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Keyword Density per page

bfree74

I was just wondering what the formula is for calculating keyword density per page. I thought it was simply #of certain keyterm "divided" by total number of words on page. Is this correct?

keyword density is not that big of a factor anymore. Use your keywords in the title, meta description and once in the content and bold or put in italics.

If it ends up more in there naturaly, so be it. It will not hurt, but will only help in MSN as their algos are still onpage strong.

Yahoo and google do not give favor to keyword density.

You can actualy rank highly for a term and not even have it in the code at all.

Do a search on this phrase "click here" and adobe is # 1 in google and yet the phrase in not on the page that comes up # 1. It is more link popularity oriented!

Forget keyword density, what you need is good content. Write exceptional articles that help your readers, and SE will reward you.

You need to learn LSI and use related keywords in your articles. You want expert verbiage. Here is a tool that can help you to do just thant: KwMap of keyword "www.farabi"

Read more in my SEO Optimization for 2007 report. It's a PDF, download and save to your desktop.

I wrote here everything you need for 2007.

BTW, The affiliate classroom magazine of the month talk about SEO, get it.

Keyword density is probably still important since the search engines spider keep spidering the site and reading all the content and put it into their algorythms. Thats why I think you should keep updating your homepage's content and adding more pages of unique content to your site with unique meta-tags on each page. I hope this makes sense...

MSN still accounts for keyword density, but Yahoo and Google do not anymore, they also do not read meta keywords tags either anymore.

The links are the #1 factor in top positions, but content has its place. once you get to authority status for your top level keywords you can get loads of default phrases and this can mean a lot of traffic.

To show you an example do a search in google for "click here" and you will see the adobe site in the # 1 position.

The phrase click here is not on the page, alt tags keywords title or any other place in the source code.

Here is the reason for this. How many time have you seen something similar to this on a website before.

You can download this pdf form free but you will need the adobe reader to access it. If you do not have the adobe reader Click Here to download the adobe reader for free.

Links account for over 80% of top rankings.

you are wasting time with keyword density.

Now, having your keywords in the title and meta description is important, and if you can, use <h> tags. this will help if your words or phrases are competive.

LSI is what has done away with density standards.

hope this helps.

LSI has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. In case anyone might wonder what that stands for, it is Latent Semantic Indexing.

banners
Back