The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Keyword Density Analysis Tool

There's a free Firefox plugin called SearchStatus that allows you to check keyword density on a given page. You just need to right click, choose "show keyword density", and it will show you keyword density in title, body, H1/H2/H3, etc. I think it's a much better tool than the one you posted here.

There's a free Firefox plugin called SearchStatus that allows you to check keyword density on a given page. You just need to right click, choose "show keyword density", and it will show you keyword density in title, body, H1/H2/H3, etc. I think it's a much better tool than the one you posted here.

Sounds like a great plugin. I'm going to download it now. I usually don't worry about my keyword density, because I believe a good flow of content is more important, but it'd be a neat tool to mess around with.

But I heard that keyword density doesn't really matter any more for SEO purposes?

It still matters. It's just not one of the *most important* things any more.

You can't simply post the same keyword 10 times in an article and have Google automatically assume you know what you're talking about like you used to be able to.

Nice, I will check it out.

But I heard that keyword density doesn't really matter any more for SEO purposes?

It doesn't matter much. Replace it with theme density. This means that instead of just targeting one keyword, you can target:
1. Synonyms of your main keyword
2. Words that are semantically related to your keyword.
Semantic words are words that will occur naturally along with your keyword. E.g. If your main keyword is about jaguar car, semantically related words will be wheel, engine, dashboard etc.

I agree with ViperDove. There is no way I'd bog my browser/computer down with this type of tool. Keyword density checkers shouldn't even be on your list.

There are various (free) Wordpress plugins that will show your keyword density and more. Just search for them next time that you're working on your site. Having your main keyword show up too much may appear to be spam.

I can see this being an okay tool to check out some earlier work or even see what your competitors are doing that you might not be doing. I agree with some of the posters above that this knowledge won't give you a guaranteed hit nor will it break you, but in the spirit of representing OP, knowledge is power. There's smaller things you can do to your work that will help promote it up in search results and make it better. I think this is one of those things where you can make small changes to what you do to see better results.

There is a Wordpress plugin that would optimize the articles on your blog. It will check the keyword density on the article and will suggest where to place the keyword phrase. You will know the level of optimization through the SEO Score. If the score is 100, then it means that the article is fully optimized. The name of the plugin is ClickBump SEO!

MI
Back