The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keep your Eye on the INCREASE not the $$

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Darren at ProBlogger just did a great video that answers the following question: <strong> “Was there a time when you first started blogging that you became despondent and thought about quitting? If so, what happened that gave you the confidence to keep going?”</strong>

In the video below, Darren is talking about blogging, however the advice he gives totally applies to affiliate marketing as well. He talks about getting discouraged in the beginning when he realized how hard he was working and yet was only making about $1 a day. The turning point for Darren was when he switched his thinking from absolute earnings to percentage increase.

If you are growing your revenue by 10%, 20% or 120% month over month, you can project your income out over time. Instead of thinking "I only made $60 this month" if you stop and think that's a 100% increase over last month - it's much more motivating and helps you realize how your continued efforts can help you reach your income goals over time.

<strong>Catch the video and keep your chin up!
<a href="http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/10/16/a-secret-to-profitable-blogging-trending-up-over-the-long-haul/">A Secret to Profitable Blogging - Trending Up Over the Long Haul</a></strong>

I agree this is great advice, it's always important to look at the progress you've made rather than just focusing on the end result.

It actually reminds me a lot of weight loss strategies - focussing on the weekly progress/pounds lost rather than being hung up on the total number still appearing on the scale.;)

I have seen that video and I think it is truly inspiring.

It doesn't apply only to blogging, or affiliate marketing. In fact, it applied to everything you do. The trick is "to do better than what you do yesterday."

Hey Reynolds,

You are SO welcome. Really glad it helped. Hang in and keep that chin up!

Thanks for jumping into so many posts while I was off fighting
a virus and trojans and worms - on my! :p

banners
Back