The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

kabonfootprint contest cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is becoming non-productive Temi, I suggest we close it now.

Closing the thread and called it non-productive is really non-professional because it look like people here are only protecting one side of the people without looking/considering others side. We had spent 1 month and can you imagine how much work is that?.

Hi temi,
I does not matter if the sponsors are funding or not. Forget about the Prize money, you can do one thing at this moment, let this contest run and just announce the Winner on due date.
Do remember money is not every thing.

Regards
John

Sure, money is not everything but if this seo is mainly for fun, the organizer has to make it clear at the first place.

What annoyed me is hxxp://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/seo-contest/13744-seocontest2-0-a.html

Temi changed the link from
to

For me, it is really an intention because why Temi changed it and don't even bother to reply on this thread?

And why did TEMI change the rules knowing this seo contest is canceled.

To be honest, of course I am disappointed. I think we all are disappointed to know this contest was canceled. Not only us as the participant, but I am guessing also all the people behind the scene on this contest.

I have received many PM, email and also comments on my kabonfootprint.com blog telling me that the contest is over. Yeah... I know, I am the one who PM Temi and ask him to announce the news.

The money price is not the major issue. Yeah, we all would love the cash, but sometimes we also like to be recognized. I join this contest to play, and I know with the Busby still going on (at the starting time), all the great player would be still playing on Busby.

That is why, as someone new in these kind of contest, my most disappointment was that I am not able to play with the great names like the IMFreakz team, the French Sphere team (that I somehow got to know with some team member in their forum) and Pogung.

Many told me, dude, you have waste a whole month optimizing and creating content. Yeah... well, I like doing it and if you could see some on the work, time and energy that has been put for it. It is not small....

But somehow decision has been taken, and I am also sure those guys are not proud of themselves right now... (Am I right Temi...?)

But well, I am just having fun... At least I have a new blog now :)
And I made some new great friends along the way... So I did not lose anything...

And looking at the result now, I still feel proud.. But sad...

So what the heck... Let's continue our lives and just be creative...

Hi to temi and all that participate in the contest.Please Temi or a person from the contest please send me a private message and tell me the terms and conditions to take the place of the sponsor and the advertising options that i have.I may back up the price.
Thanks.

the question is attitude!

It is simple, I like the attitude reflected by your post above.:eek:

Zoli, it's really encouraging that this forum care for attitude, here i have something to say. :)

I could have sponsored the contest or I have investors who can spend money on these type of contests. But all depends how they got the deal, every one is looking for ROI and that helps them to invest time and money. But development these days as well as attitude of new admin raises many questions in my mind.

About kabonfootprint contest: it's the sole decision of the organizing body to continue or not, no one has right to say anything. Their may be some reason behind the scene that forces a contest to close down without any notice. i did put forward my trust towards Temi and crew in my blog the day temi announced sale of forums and new admin took over the things. I also posted few options Temi may consider to continue to the contest.

The mistake is, members are not aware of sale or this sale may be postponed for one month so that kabonfootprint contest will be over. Updating every bit of information in time helps to generate more trust rather than having few annoyed members. :)

What I am more depressed is the attitude adopted towards the participants and the forum members. The new admin has it's own views towards using nofollow tags and feels dofollow is only good for spammers, where as if you analyze deeply, you will find only 20% people does spam a forum where as 80% are seriously interested in discussion. Putting them at par with spammers hurts a lot.

The last thing is attitude, if this is one reason cited above to impose nofollow tags, i disagree, but if he has another solid reason and feels his members are not spammers, we would go for even no links in forum as we are here to discuss and love UKWW more than any other forum. it's attitude that matters most!

Secondly, few comments are really itching. A commentator says people do few posts and leave the forum once they got the link where as reality is different, if people find interesting discussions they will participate in forums.

People are busy and most of them comes to forum on free time or if they need something, and one has to care for them. Remember most people are here for fun and a bit of brainstorming, I haven't seen any one who did few posts and run away.

Their might be a reason they don't find any interesting discussion to join on. All reasons should be properly analyzed before blaming any one.

In fact I feel forum admins and mod must think from the member's point of view and implement some innovative strategies to bring them back to forum, instead of branding them as spammers.

I do understand the pain one had running and maintaining the forum, i did owned a small forum with 1100 members back 2003 and I have to close the same as i don't have enough time to manage it, even moderators got the job and they find it difficult to manage and we have decided to close it. We did receive lots of mails and we did sent tons of regret letters citing the reasons on why we have close down the site.

zoli my last say is a homework is needed before organizing a contest and should be launched only after careful analysis of it's pros and cons.

Actually i don't want to make this thing such a big issue. Just could not understand why Temi update the rules for this seo contest in this thread yesterday (31/8/08) hxxp://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/seo-contest/13744-seocontest2-0-a.html
(updating the link from link to this forum and now has change to forums.linkbidscript.com) At the same time open up this thread to announce the cancellation of this game?

Contest cancelled

I think blaming is not solution, but Did you think time wasted for this contest ? some guys wasted their time, left some projects for this contest, i find professionnalism is requerd when organise contest!
It's not a blame but my point of view !

I think its a due to change ownership of UK WW?

No offense but this could not be a good alibi. Look at the search results for the keywords "kabonfootprint scam" and you'll see it in the first page :D ... This thread is getting popular. I'm now looking at another keyword "kabonfootprint hoax" next time. It's amazing! LOL :kneeled:

Gah why are you all blaming Temi/UKWW for this? Fact is somebody pulled out and made the contest unworkable? Would you like it if UKWW said "congratulations on winning, here's your prize: SWEET FA"?!?!?

Fact is, things do happen, UKWW ran this contest with little or less direct financial reward for doing so, and somebody who they thought were supporting it, abandoned them. Anybody who has ran a business or had done anything more than SEO a few sites and rely on affiliate marketing/Adsense will know that things can and do go wrong.

What have you lost? Nothing except investing in a contest. Did anybody force you to put money into a contest? No. kabonfootprint could (and in my opinion can) be successfull in SEO if you know how to work it. Every contest, be it this one, a raffle, or a "win £5 from a pack of crisps" have ways of getting themselves out of trouble if some sort of force majeure happens. It doesn't make them bad, it means they can carry on business if something unexpected happens, like this.

If some poor sponsors have pulled out, it's not Temi's or UKWW's fault. Please try to understand.

I'm sure the contest will be reorganised sometime in the future.

If some poor sponsors have pulled out, it's not Temi's or UKWW's fault. Please try to understand.

Here i agree with you. Even an organizer has rights to cancel the contest any time if something like this happen.

I must say the first version was properly organized, but 2nd contest was not organized properly, some decisions went wrong or sponsor's didn't turned up. may be the reason we cant see Resonate around ;)

I still feel Temi and Zoli did their best to organize the contest!

Any way it's all over with Kabonfootprint, lets move on.. guys life doesn't ends here, you have lot more things to do..:scooter:

Hi to temi and all that participate in the contest.Please Temi or a person from the contest please send me a private message and tell me the terms and conditions to take the place of the sponsor and the advertising options that i have.I may back up the price.
Thanks.

Hello Temi and Friends, please accomodate this buddy for back up the price

Oh yes, sure it is, if a sponsor pulls out of the Olympic games, another one will take his place, temi could of searched for a new sponsor or to give himself the prize, it's not a huge amount of money,
and do you think that IF there is another contest organised by this crappy forum, someone will participate on it?

This is just a huge scam from the new and the old owner ...
My blog is now at third place, I could of invested this time and links in something real and make some cash.

Oh yes, sure it is, if a sponsor pulls out of the Olympic games, another one will take his place, temi could of searched for a new sponsor or to give himself the prize, it's not a huge amount of money,
and do you think that IF there is another contest organised by this crappy forum, someone will participate on it?

This is just a huge scam from the new and the old owner ...
My blog is now at third place, I could of invested this time and links in something real and make some cash.

Lol, you comparing the olympic games to a seo contest

There would have been thousands of companies wishing to sponsor the olympic games.

When it somes to an seo contest, it's not as easy to find sponsors as other poor sponsors drop out.

Hi Guys,

I did not know the contest was being stopped, reading this thread is the first i heard of it, i know at point of sale the contest was discussed and was going ahead.

If the sponsor pulled out then clearly it can not go ahead, and Temi made the correct decision to inform you all.

We do have a big budget for our forums, and have a few ideas in the pipeline, unfortunatly i have not been around much since the buy and should be back in a week or two to get cracking on new things.

Is this only over $1000 prize? if so im happy to let it run and put up 75% the prize myself so $750 if that works or makes any sense.

Actually i don't want to make this thing such a big issue. Just could not understand why Temi update the rules for this seo contest in this thread yesterday (31/8/08) hxxp://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/seo-contest/13744-seocontest2-0-a.html
(updating the link from link to this forum and now has change to forums.linkbidscript.com) At the same time open up this thread to announce the cancellation of this game?
Regardless the sponsor is pulling out, my Q as above still has no answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back