The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Justin Bieber let me down on one of my first campaign.. LOL

DennisKnows

Get your fix Ninja!
This is my first post in the forum... I couldn't help but sign up after reading that informative guide to PPC/PPV CPA affiliate marketing.

I've been doing affiliate/internet marketing for around 2 years so I'm not exactly new. While I don't make as much as I want, I'm currently living on my income..

Decided to set blogging aside (takes too much of my time) and focus on PPC & PPV affiliate marketing because it fits my lifestyle.

I know the learning process isn't going to be peaches and cream but I figure I can shave some time off since I've been IMing for a while now.

My first campaign was on POF but I stopped it because the offer was on CJ.com and their tracking sucks. I was making money but couldn't track it. Have to be able to track (i'm using prosper 202 by the way)

===========================
My first official campaign with stats was a Justin Bieber offer using 7search for traffic. I was pretty excited about it.

My sales copy was:
Here's your chance to prove you're the ultimate Justin Bieber fan. **Real fans are automatically eligible for a chance for a free (THE OFFER)!

It started off strong. I found a bunch of keywords using 7search. Plugged those in and ran it off and on from 4/14 to 4/21 (I believe a total of 5 days). According to my network stats, I got a total of 13 conversions with 281 clicks at 0.07 EPC ($20.80 :rolleyes:).

For some reason, 7search registered 322 clicks with a 1.93% CTR & I payed out 0.06 per click costing me a grand total of $19.32.
===============

After this, I shut the offer down to do some more research on PPC to see what I may have been doing wrong and how I could raise my conversions.

I also shut it down because I saw my conversion % go from around 9% down and down down. I figured the offer may have run it's course.

I came up with 2 things:
  • Sales copy
  • creating a landing page

I changed the sales copy to:
This Official Justin Bieber VIP fan pack includes: (LISTED EVERYTHING THE OFFER INCLUDED)! Free for a limited time. *EMAIL REQUIRED*

I also sent the traffic to a landing page this time. I simply took a screen shot of the offer and changed some of the writing on it and changed what the button said.

After starting up the campaign with the *NEW STUFF*, it was worse. :(

I got 47 clicks at a 0.47% CTR.. but it gets worse.

In my network stats, I only got 10 clicks. That means people aren't clicking my landing page image.

I've officially stopped the campaign because i'm only getting traffic from one keyword and that's "Justin Bieber".

PLus...

my campaign tracking is all off.

-I learned from this campaign that it's tough to (IMO) to do celebrity offers (I thought different) because there seem to be so many different keywords coming in for that one name.

Have to stay on top of tracking or you waste money...

My question..

When should i look to use a landing page (in your honest opinion)

Do you recommend using Google Keyword tool for finding keywords for
7search campaign?

============

I also an totally confused on how the subids work. I try to block subids in 7search and the 3 digit (sometimes 5) number that shows up in my network is not sufficient.

Can someone please explain how to use the subids to pull keywords from 7search; or point me to a informative post that shows everything there is to using subids for tracking. I hate doing things halfway...

I know being successful at this has a lot to do with tracking..

Thanks guys.
Dennis

Hey man, great start - that first campaign could have been nice!

My advice would be to start the first campaign up again and block sub ids - contact your affiliate manager and add the correct variables into the backend and get your post back pixels from 7search!

What network are you running with?

Seriously tho you gained a positive ROI without even blocking id's and testing!

Id then advice testing different ad copies!

As far as landing pages i don't think they are necessary on such small campaigns!

If you were planning on capturing emails etc then yeah ok but for me when your paying 0.06 per click its a waste as half will leave at the first hurdle - just get them to the offer and get paid! Look at LP's on bigger campaigns and platforms!

Hey K.. Thanks for coming through.. I thought that was pretty good but when I started seeing numbers decline, I thought it was time to jump ship.. :eek:

I really wanted to block those subids but I got that error message and felt lost..

My favorite network is Peerfly. That's the one I'm using..

Is the information in the stats in my network coming from the "Global Postback URL"?

If so, mines was empty...

Last night I added this URL.. Is this right for Peerfly? Does anyone know? Will this add the subids to my future stats? :confused:

mysite.com/tracking202/static/gpb.php?amount=&subid=[[ subid]]&subid2=[[ c1]]&subid3=[[ c2]]

My biggest problem now is tracking.. I have the focus & am able to find good offers but tracking, subids, postback URL and so on have really thrown me for a loop.. :(

Once I get this down pack, I will definitely release a guide to help people that are like me because I haven't found much on the internet that goes in depth to explain how to use them..

Thanks K

Dude, your campaign is pretty good AND it isn't optimized! Go to lukepeerfly.com, he has tuturials on how to track and how to delete sub id's so it should be pretty easy to get it to a good ROI. Always use the best CTR adcopy, even if the other one is giving you a better conversion rate. Keep us updated ;)

Yea I didn't optimize it.. Couldn't figure out how to. I'll start it up again. Might test a landing page because the offer is somewhat outdated so I have to create some exclusivity.

Thanks for the encouragement.

banners
Back