The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Journey To Make Living From Affiliate Marketing In 2021

frakln

affiliate
Affiliate Marketing Journey 2021/01/10 - 2021/12/31

Hello everyone!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for any spelling mistakes that I do, since I'm not a native English speaker. I'm 21 and currently studying and working 9 to 5. I have no experience in SEO, however I do in programming, website creating.

I must say that I got really inspired by @Graybeard, @Honeybadger and his journey "Did Affiliate Marketing Work in 2020? (Target $10K)" so I decided not to wait anymore and take action! I will be using his given example formula, which is:
Example formula
  • Product A (blue sunglasses) cost $100
  • You make $8 earnings per sale (8% commission)
  • If you sell 10 sunglasses a day it's $80 (x 7 = $560/week)
Go to Wordtracker and search blue sunglasses
Keyword volume is 1,433 visits/month (US)
Further down list is blue mirror sunglasses 678 visits/month (US)
Now you decided to promote blue mirror sunglasses
  • Register the domain name bluemirrorsunglasses.com for $1
  • Register hosting for $10/year
  • Register SSL for $5/year
  • Set up CMS
  • Install e-commerce platform
  • Add products (ONLY blue mirror sunglasses)
  • Start to rank on Google after 3-4 weeks

Since It's really late here, TODO tomorrow:
  • Read Google Webmaster Guidelines and highlight each point;
  • Start doing research about which niche I would like to work with;
  • Gather more information.
The first thing that I'm concerned about is that I'm not really sure on how to find and select good niches. Lets say I use the niche "blue mirror sunglasses" which has 678 visits/month, and according to Wordtracker competition of 7.26, so would it be hard to rank this keyword? Should I pay attention to the competition score, or not? Anyone has any tips on how to find a good niche?

Thank you for everyone who reads this journey, have a great day! I will be back tomorrow!

Affiliate Marketing Journey 2021/01/10 - 2021/12/31

Hello everyone!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for any spelling mistakes that I do, since I'm not a native English speaker. I'm 21 and currently studying and working 9 to 5. I have no experience in SEO, however I do in programming, website creating.

I must say that I got really inspired by @Graybeard, @Honeybadger and his journey "Did Affiliate Marketing Work in 2020? (Target $10K)" so I decided not to wait anymore and take action! I will be using his given example formula, which is:

Since It's really late here, TODO tomorrow:
  • Read Google Webmaster Guidelines and highlight each point;
  • Start doing research about which niche I would like to work with;
  • Gather more information.
The first thing that I'm concerned about is that I'm not really sure on how to find and select good niches. Lets say I use the niche "blue mirror sunglasses" which has 678 visits/month, and according to Wordtracker competition of 7.26, so would it be hard to rank this keyword? Should I pay attention to the competition score, or not? Anyone has any tips on how to find a good niche?

Thank you for everyone who reads this journey, have a great day! I will be back tomorrow!

I will DM you a good niche
Edit --> Sorry, that was not good niche !!

Last edited:
Some tips I recommend for you
  1. Target 1 demographic
    • 1 x country (ex. USA)
    • 1 x language (ex. US English)
    • 1 x currency (ex. US Dollars
  2. Do your product keyword research (ask if you need help)
  3. Create your product identification checklist
    1. branded (ex. Gucci)
    2. brand seller (only promote official brand outlets or distributors)
    3. item in stock
    4. not try-before-you-buy (ex. see table)
Try-Before-You-BuyOrder Without Trying On
Men's leather jacketBlack wool scarf
Blue women's JeansSize 12 women's socks
Men's slim fit office shirtMedium size men's white tee
Wedding dressRunner's waistband for iPhone
Leather beltGucci handbag

Look for keyword volume on your content matrix hierachy's 4th sub-level
(Amazon and eBay PPC mafia less likely to post Google Ads there)

Example
  • Keyword volume tools are all estimate, and they get it wrong all the time, so don't worry too much if it says 'zero' for pink prada handbags when obviously there is traffic
Keyword LevelKeywords/QuerySearch Volume (G.US/m)
Root Keyword (your keyword domain)handbags110,000
Sub Level 1 Keywordshandbags for women22,200
Sub Level 2 Keywordswomen's designer handbags3,600
Sub Level 3 Keywordsblack designer handbags (for women)1,600
Sub Level 4 Keywordsgucci black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsversace black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsburberry black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsdior black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsdolce and gabanna black designer handbags for women?? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsprada black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsfendi black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordslouis vuitton black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsbottega veneta black designer handbags for women? (your research here)

You don't need to start as expert in women's handbags
But you must follow experts, and become expert over time

Example formula for handbags (just example)
  • Product A (prada handbag) cost $1,550 on Amazon US
  • You make $62 earnings per sale (4% commission)
  • If you sell 1 handbag a day it's $62 (x 7 = $434/week, $1,860/month)
51Gmeu6DTrL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
The first thing that I'm concerned about is that I'm not really sure on how to find and select good niches. Lets say I use the niche "blue mirror sunglasses" which has 678 visits/month, and according to Wordtracker competition of 7.26, so would it be hard to rank this keyword? Should I pay attention to the competition score, or not?

100,000% ignore it
Worthless information
I've ranked top for competition 9.4 keywords
I've fail to rank for competition 1.2 keywords
It's just there to distract you
Like anything you CAN make use of anything

Anyone has any tips on how to find a good niche?

Look what's trending now
amazon.com/Best-Sellers/zgbs/fashion/

Start doing research about which niche I would like to work with;

If you ask me;
  • What items (or services) are you somewhat familiar with?
  • What items (or services) might work in the GEO or Market 'segment' that you
    can reach out to on a speaking level;
    • Interests
    • Disposable goods (
      clothing,
      shoes and socks,
      eatables [non perishable grocery],
      household or commercial products.
      These are repeat sale items make sure you get paid
      on the future sales or get paid a high customer acquisition PPS
    • sports
    • work
    • IT (
      hardware,
      software)
    • home use (
      home improvement,
      Solar installs,
      furnishings,
      etc)
  • Age group
  • Language
  • Wealth or Investments
  • Casual spendable income.
What can you 'talk' about currently or with quick learning and interest a person with an ad or search?

Now what to try to sell or offer? Pick a, b, and c items that are related in each niche. The be prepared to pivot to a, c and add d for reason that 'b' was a total flop.

• define your market segment first in the range of persons interested in the item, first
  • define the areas (products) with lower competition and reasonable chances of success, next

People who buy Gucci and bags and Rolex watches online are few and far between or they buy knock-offs that are either counterfeit; or look-alike goods --clones sold as such.

So, you have extreme skepticism if you assert they are the 'real goods' on a cold visit or a cold lead basis --you don't want to create obstacles to a sale (or conversion).

Perfect product is one you could sell with both creative and directive advertising: Ads and SEO.

Some tips I recommend for you
  1. Target 1 demographic
    • 1 x country (ex. USA)
    • 1 x language (ex. US English)
    • 1 x currency (ex. US Dollars
  2. Do your product keyword research (ask if you need help)
  3. Create your product identification checklist
    1. branded (ex. Gucci)
    2. brand seller (only promote official brand outlets or distributors)
    3. item in stock
    4. not try-before-you-buy (ex. see table)
Try-Before-You-BuyOrder Without Trying On
Men's leather jacketBlack wool scarf
Blue women's JeansSize 12 women's socks
Men's slim fit office shirtMedium size men's white tee
Wedding dressRunner's waistband for iPhone
Leather beltGucci handbag

Look for keyword volume on your content matrix hierachy's 4th sub-level
(Amazon and eBay PPC mafia less likely to post Google Ads there)

Example
  • Keyword volume tools are all estimate, and they get it wrong all the time, so don't worry too much if it says 'zero' for pink prada handbags when obviously there is traffic
Keyword LevelKeywords/QuerySearch Volume (G.US/m)
Root Keyword (your keyword domain)handbags110,000
Sub Level 1 Keywordshandbags for women22,200
Sub Level 2 Keywordswomen's designer handbags3,600
Sub Level 3 Keywordsblack designer handbags (for women)1,600
Sub Level 4 Keywordsgucci black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsversace black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsburberry black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsdior black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsdolce and gabanna black designer handbags for women?? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsprada black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsfendi black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordslouis vuitton black designer handbags for women? (your research here)
Sub Level 4 Keywordsbottega veneta black designer handbags for women? (your research here)

You don't need to start as expert in women's handbags
But you must follow experts, and become expert over time

Example formula for handbags (just example)
  • Product A (prada handbag) cost $1,550 on Amazon US
  • You make $62 earnings per sale (4% commission)
  • If you sell 1 handbag a day it's $62 (x 7 = $434/week, $1,860/month)
51Gmeu6DTrL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I like your tips as shown here. I read your follow along (the $10k in 2020) and got confused at time but this post put things into perspective. Your formula seems to involved Amazon Associates, i think? Would you know other aff programs where this formula would work? I know about the usual suspects such as Walmart & Target but their inventory is not as extensive as Amz.

¿Notaste que el OP hizo solo 1 publicación en enero y luego se ausentó sin permiso? Estamos a finales de julio y dudo mucho que reciba más actualizaciones.
Through time I learned to be patient while I am alive and chances are that he will appear here now when he dies he will no longer appear

MI
Back