The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Journey] My new start in affiliate marketing

SOI is just a conversion flow or conversion point, there is nothing legal/illegal about it.

All it means is that they will pay you for the lead right after the user enters their email into a box. They will send them a confirmation email anyways, but your payout doesn't depend on this.

What the advertiser does with the emails later on, is not of your concern anyways. Those who operate in GEOs with strict anti-spam policies, should definitely only start to email the leads after they become full DOI subscribers obviously, but again, it's their concerns, not the affiliate's.
Good point :)

I really think you need a LP spy tool
when doing CPA you want to land with the rigth foot on the race
dont waste time on direct linking
just my 2 cents
My budget is somewhat limited at this time, and my adplexity trial period has expired. Is there some spy tool affordable and/or free?

Next step. Following your and my AM advice, I'm creating some landing pages. I have downloaded some pictures for each angle I want to test. As I should have mentioned, the vertical is dating, so I would like to test some aggressiver angles too. The field is pretty extended, so I have severance several ideas for my landings. I'll keep this journey updated, if you like it;)

Next step. Following your and my AM advice, I'm creating some landing pages. I have downloaded some pictures for each angle I want to test. As I should have mentioned, the vertical is dating, so I would like to test some aggressiver angles too. The field is pretty extended, so I have severance several ideas for my landings. I'll keep this journey updated, if you like it;)

Dating is one of the verticals where you don't really have to be aggressive with your promo methods. Simple questionnaire and the questions landers still work the best.

Last days have been a little bit busy, but work goes on!

I have used my free account on makemassive.com to scan my same offer and finally I made 6 different landing pages from scratch. Three are pretty simple; the other 3 have a more complicated flow, with a questionnaire and a fake check routine to give away some free accesses to the service I'm promoting.

I have just launched the campaign on the traffic source (redirect.com), so the numbers are too small yet. I'll try to let the campaign go for a day or two. Then reasonably I'll have some more interesting data to check.

EDIT after a night running and no conversions, I have decided to duplicate the campaign and raise its bidding amount

Last edited:
Time to update this thread.

The good news is: I have got a conversion! YEEEEEEESSSSSS! :D
The bad news is: I screwed my tracker setup, so the conversion wasn't tracked :oops:

Let me post some screenshots.

01.png

As you can see, the campaign is split in low bid and high bid. The ctr is slightly better in the low bid one, I don't know why. Low bid traffic brings adult traffic too (I have made this choice in the initial setup and redirect.com does not allow to edit this option).

02.png

About landing pages: I have stopped direct linking because the ctr was null.
LP1, LP2, and LP3 have a lower than average ctr. These landing pages have a short questionnaire to enhance the engagement but seem that people prefer something simpler. Lazy people... :rolleyes:
LP4 ("next door girl" angle), LP5 ("submissive tattoo girl" angle), and LP6 ("MILF" angle) contain a picture to attract clicks and a very simple CTA (a big red button). These landings seem to be working better for this offer.

I would like to start optimizing the traffic, but at this time, without a good amount of conversions, I don't know what to do... Maybe I'll let the campaign run and, in the meantime, I'll try to make a few other LP to test some other angles.

Last edited:
These landing pages have a short questionnaire to enhance the engagement but seem that people prefer something simpler. Lazy people... :rolleyes:
Well it all depends on lot of things. I have tested Story telling type landing pages, short questionnaire and long questionnaire too. Had success with all of them but it all depends on your offer type, country and lots of other variables. Once i had a successful campaign with a long questionnaire type landing page(8 questions on different page). It worked well in Austria, moderate low profit in Germany and negative ROI in Switzerland. So it can vary a lot depending on lots of factors. So you should test everything.

Maybe I'll let the campaign run and, in the meantime, I'll try to make a few other LP to test some other angles.
That sounds a good idea. Best of luck.

Well it all depends on lot of things. I have tested Story telling type landing pages, short questionnaire and long questionnaire too. Had success with all of them but it all depends on your offer type, country and lots of other variables. Once i had a successful campaign with a long questionnaire type landing page(8 questions on different page). It worked well in Austria, moderate low profit in Germany and negative ROI in Switzerland. So it can vary a lot depending on lots of factors. So you should test everything.

That sounds a good idea. Best of luck.

In fact, 2 conversions: 1 from LP2 (with questionnaire) and 1 from LP4 (without)... :eek:

But I have found that both conversions came from the same traffic source ID, so I increased the bid (4 times the old one...) for that source and blacklisted some other sources that were draining funds with a CTR near to 0.

I know, figures are small, but I'm pretty excited, because I still have a positive ROI :affiliatefix:

Small update.

I have decided to stop spread searching for good placements and concentrate the bids on the only placement who brought conversions. At the same time, I have set up a new traffic campaign bidding only on good placements (redirect.com periodically gives a list of good converting sources).

Results are good! I have got 17 conversions and a total payout of 14 USD. ROI is something like 350% :eek:

The bad with this placement is that it has a very limited amount of traffic, so, even if I'm able to buy it all, I can't scale this offer :oops:

This is a screencap BEFORE optimizing the campaign:
2016-12-19 11_31_47-BeMob.png

and this is a screencap AFTER optimization:
2016-12-19 11_27_49-BeMob.png

Now I'm thinking about trying some other traffic sources (popads maybe...) or start the same campaign in other geos, even if the payout is lower.

Another option is to run the same offer, but for mobile. In this case the payout is lower too...

I'm open to suggestion :)

Now I'm thinking about trying some other traffic sources (popads maybe...) or start the same campaign in other geos, even if the payout is lower.

Another option is to run the same offer, but for mobile. In this case the payout is lower too...
You should try all the options like try mobile too, try to scale it to other countries and also try to scale it to popads. The more you test, the better you can understand the pros and cons of your campaign. You have already turned it into green and now its time to take the next step to scale it as much as possible.

Time for a Christmas Eve update :)

In the last few days, I have started scaling the campaign.

About mobile: it brought only 5 conversions so far, 3 from redirect.com (ROI -69%) and 2 from popads (ROI -55%). I need more data to decide what to do, but I'm pretty sure I need to rework the landing pages.

About the optimized campaign, I have made a few changes on the landing pages. Changed angles and pictures, and coded a small countdown to sign up for free. ROI is a stunning +643%! :eek:

Lesson learned: never fall in love with your own landing pages. :rolleyes:

Time for a Christmas Eve update :)

In the last few days, I have started scaling the campaign.

About mobile: it brought only 5 conversions so far, 3 from redirect.com (ROI -69%) and 2 from popads (ROI -55%). I need more data to decide what to do, but I'm pretty sure I need to rework the landing pages.

About the optimized campaign, I have made a few changes on the landing pages. Changed angles and pictures, and coded a small countdown to sign up for free. ROI is a stunning +643%! :eek:

Lesson learned: never fall in love with your own landing pages. :rolleyes:
The sun finally sheds a light on you!

banners
Back