The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

[Journey] Growing A Blog To A $1,000,000 Valuation From Scratch!

shaunm

After growing a blog from $0 to over $2000 per month in 2021 and testing a bunch of different things with that project, I have set my new blogging goal of growing a new blog from scratch to a sale valuation of $1,000,000 or above. This means that I will have to grow the domain to a monthly income of $25,000 to $33,333 depending on the sale multiple I am able to get for the blog. I have registered a new domain that is fresh with no prior history to use for the project and I have started to load blog articles onto the domain. I am publishing a large chunk of the content myself but also outsourcing to a couple of freelance writers to help me scale as quickly as possible. I am planning to stick to my normal blogging process that I have used multiple times to grow blogs to over $1000 per month as explained in the following videos.

Keyword Research With Me

How To Make A Blog Post Templates

How To Write A Blog Post

The 20 Minute Blog Post

I am planning on intentionally running this blog project at a loss for the first couple of years depending on how things go to reinvest profits back into the blog to help it grow as quickly as possible. This means the blog may be unprofitable for the first three years to try and help it grow to the $1,000,000 valuation as fast as possible by reinvesting into content and backlinks for the project. The primary income source for the project will be display ads with the blog starting on Ezoic and then potentially moving to Mediavine in the future. I also plan to use the Amazon and eBay affiliate programs with the blog as well as Impact and ShareASale too due to some items for this niche not being available on some platforms.

I have reached out to a few friends with blogs in this parent niche and their EPMV/RPS for display ads tends to range from $7.50 to $17 so I am hoping to be able to sit closer to the higher end of that or even beat it once I start to optimise ad placements. When the income from the affiliate programs is added in, this might be able to push me over the $30 RPM mark and help me reach the $1,000,000 valuation even faster. When it comes to keywords, I am using long tail, low competition keywords initially and expect an average of around 150 organic hits per article per month. This may increase in the future though as I start to add more medium and high competition keywords with larger search volumes too but I initially want to scale into a large number of blog articles using the technique in the 20 minute blog post video above and it works best with low comp, low search volume keywords.

The backlink strategy that I am planning to use is based around forum posts, guest posts, and niche edits but I may try HARO links in the future too. I adapt my backlink strategy depending on the competition and profitability of an article so its not a set number of backlinks that I build for my articles and not every article will need to be back linked to rank in the top 3 of Google.

I have added my month 0 video update for this project below and will add the Day 0 update slide later today. I will try to update the journey thread each day to show the progress of the blog towards its $1,000,000 valuation goal but depending on workload, this may drop to once per week. If the project does reach its $1,000,000 valuation then I will probably look to keep growing it rather than sell the blog for $1,000,000 but things can change over the coming years so this may change too.

My Month 0 Video For This Project

Happy New Years 2022

Just One Million? :D
''Just''? Nah, you must be kidding me

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

- Samira

Watched your latest video
lots of killer ideas from start to finish
you and @T J Tutor
are the closest thing I have to an affiliate mentor
  1. Worth buying a hardcopy of Words That Sell from Amazon?
  2. What do you look for in potential authors at Buy Sell Text?
  3. 4-5 headings for long form article seems too few?
  4. Do your authors use an SEO heading tree? -->
    1. H1 main SEO keyword
      1. H2 question 1 about main SEO keyword
        1. H3 answer 1 about question 1
        2. H3 answer 2 about question 1
        3. ..
      2. H2 question 2 about main SEO keyword
        1. H3 answer 1 about question 2
        2. H3 answer 2 about question 2
        3. ..
      3. H2 question 3 about main SEO keyword
        1. H3 answer 1 about question 3
        2. H3 answer 2 about question 3
        3. ..
  5. How many images per article? Photos or vector for faster loading?
  6. Why are you surprised about Sunday peak?
--> Sat & Sun are my best commission days in fashion niche

banners
Back