The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Joomla basic questions, SQL and Logging in

JohnBroome

affiliate
Hi All,

I am staring a new web site in Joomla for music session booking and web information on what is playing where.

My friend plays at many gigs and sees a need for it.

1. How do I create accounts for people so that they only see what they have access to see? I am reading Beginning Joomla by Dan Rahmel.

2. Can Joomla hold data in mySQL and run statements like select etc? Or call SQL and than have values passed back to it?

Cheers,

John Broome

My background is some FoxPro10 years ago, Some Notes version 6.5.2 now and a long time ago some BASIC. I am focusing on Joomal for now.

1. How do I create accounts for people so that they only see what they have access to see? I am reading Beginning Joomla by Dan Rahmel.

This is easily done via the admin control panel in the User management section. You can grant users all sorts of privileges including full admin access, content-writer access and various other levels.

2. Can Joomla hold data in mySQL and run statements like select etc? Or call SQL and than have values passed back to it?

Joomla stores all its data in MySQL yes, you don't have to worry about any of the SQL.

banners
Back