The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is it important to rank for Yahoo as well as Google?

Sven_inc

affiliate
I'm new to SEO and everything that goes with it so hope this hasn't been covered or is a silly question. I know ranking in a Google search is important, but is ranking for Yahoo a solid option too? I'd imagine it would be less competitive?

Who? I don't even see Slurp coming around anymore ...

Actually, Verizon has bought them out and they are laying off
The cuts are painful but not surprising, since Verizon announced last month that buying AOL and Yahoo had been a very expensive mistake. The wireless company took a $4.6 billion write-off — about half of the money it had spent buying the two former internet giants over the last few years — and it was clear that layoffs would follow

Too bad: Back in the day Yahoo! was a money train :p like 2004?

When I have written an article I always submit it to Bingbot and Google fetch.
Google fetch is under Google webmaster tools. Bing is under Bing webmaster tools.

You must submit a sitemap to each of the above with your website URL before you can submit your articles to the search engines.

A sitemap is a way of letting the search engines know what your website is about.

Regards
Janet

Yahoo is not giving traffic as google, so i think you should pay attention about google and it will have some impact on Yahoo which is enough to this search engine.

When I have written an article I always submit it to Bingbot and Google fetch.
Google fetch is under Google webmaster tools. Bing is under Bing webmaster tools.

You must submit a sitemap to each of the above with your website URL before you can submit your articles to the search engines.

A sitemap is a way of letting the search engines know what your website is about.

Regards
Janet
Great advice thanks. I submitted my site initially but hadn't thought of doing it for each article. Seeing as though I have a few out already, is it worthwhile doing the entire site again or each individually?

Links Are Important. Yahoo! values inbound linking and backlinks more than Google. This means that if your website has a high number of quality links, you may rank very well on this search engine, even if other factors that Google considers priority aren't quite where they should be.
Thanks, I guess like most things if you do the basics well you're most of the way to your goals

Just use Google-Analytics in that domain and you will get indexed automatically by Google. Submit the domain with Bing Webmaster tools and they will start to spider (eventually). that is 90% of search today.

Sitemaps are a scrapers dream roadmap :eek: It's like handing them a list d links to scrape WTF you smokin' Willis :D
I don't use them for that reason.

If you don't orphan you page links ( make them hard to find or have poor navigation to them) the search engine indexing robots will like them and index then.

I try not to waste a lot of time with a lot of the commonly seen (and antiquated) SEO hooey.

Last edited:
MI
Back