The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is Google Banning AdSense Publishers For Not Updating Privacy Policies?

D

djbaxter

Google Banning AdSense Publishers For Not Updating Privacy Policies?
SERoundTable Blog
April 27, 2009

Ever since May 2008, when Google began supporting third-party cookies as part of the DoubleClick acquisition, Google has been asking AdSense publishers to update their privacy policies to include language that third-party cookies are in fact utilized. Then, more recently, Google started behavioral targeting ads and asked publishers again to update their privacy policies.

A new wave of AdSense publisher account bans has been spotted in the discussion forums and some believe this is due to some publishers not updating their privacy policies.

...read more

Thanks for sharing this. I've always wondered if and when they would start doing this. I realize it is not conclusive yet, but my feeling is it sure does not hurt to add this to your sites just in case. I've always created all of my sites with a footer and it would be no problem to add that to each.

I have one...

Thanks for sharing this. I've always wondered if and when they would start doing this. I realize it is not conclusive yet, but my feeling is it sure does not hurt to add this to your sites just in case. I've always created all of my sites with a footer and it would be no problem to add that to each.

Having PP at your footer will abide by this policy. If you are a serious adsense publisher, having this can let you take good care of your adsense account because the adsense sites are closely monitored. :D;)

MI
Back