The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is 'Google Adwords' still profitable?

montyauto

affiliate
Actually, I've just started looking at these affiliate program and some article saying you can make some good profit out of google adwords, however, I am wondering is it still profitable?

A personal contact swears by it. He's not an affilliate marketer, but an online / street fair vendor. He claims to spend anywhere from $2K-$4K a month on Google Adwords.

Renato

I think adwords has a lot to offer,

It is very competitive, and it is fast.

You can burn money fast and this I found, pushes you to learn fast.

There is a guy I've read who has written 3 Adwords ebooks, said once when he was starting out and bidding on the keyword "make money" he entered $200 as his daily budget.

Problem is he push an extra zero, he said it was the fastest $2000 he had every spent.

On the flip-side of that,

One "fine-tuned" campaign that is "cranking out" consistant profits means you've "cracked the adwords code " and you can duplicate what your doing in many niches.

Adwords is still very profitable.You have to be careful starting out because you can lose a lot of money very quick.It is best to keep your daily budget fairly low until you get the hang of it.

A personal contact swears by it. He's not an affilliate marketer, but an online / street fair vendor. He claims to spend anywhere from $2K-$4K a month on Google Adwords.

Renato

$2K-$4K a month
Quite an amount of money I persume..
Question is how much he get back in return?

Adwords is still very profitable.You have to be careful starting out because you can lose a lot of money very quick.It is best to keep your daily budget fairly low until you get the hang of it.

Yes, I learned from experience that this is soooo true! You do have to get the hang of it and you'll always be tweaking, changing out ads, etc., and keeping a close eye on things, but slowly, as you work the system, you start to see what works and what doesn't.

I started with a budget of $10.00 a day and ran small ads at small PPC rates to see what happened, how they performed, etc., and have built from there and that way I didn't get in over my head.

It's really quite fascinating! ;)

It takes some time and deep pockets to be able to use this program, really. If you're new to the program there are a few things you can do to try and make the spend more profitable. Here are a couple things you can do:

Turn off content partners. In my experience, not much of this traffic converted into sales. Even if you're only paying a dime a click it still spends quickly.

Turn off your campaign overnight. Since you have no real way to monitor your clicks, it might be easier to turn your campaign overnight. This will help you conserve your advertising dollars for the next day.

Tweak your keywords as much as possible. Make sure that you've selected the best keywords for the product/service/website you are trying to promote. The more you tweak it, the better it gets.

Of course, not everyone is going to have the exact experience, but these are two things that I've done to keep Adwords spending to a reasonable amount.

I hope that this helps!

banners
Back