The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is forum signature DOfollow

Lovely

affiliate
Hello,

I wonder if forums signature is DOfollow or NOfollow links?

I think Google put less weight on signature links because of the signature tag - <!-- sig -->
What do you think?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, depend on how the the forum is been setup, will determine whether it is DOfollow or NOfollow link.

What about weight on signature links, I think Google will see it as juice link or is it more than that?

I imagine that signatures here will be "follow" as long as the post itself is long enough (characters) to enable any links, including signatures, to "follow."

On the general subject of links, including siggys, it all depends on how the forum master has set it up in the script. Some forums have "nofollow" on ALL links, others are "dofollow" on ALL links.

I have found a site and Ukwebmasterworld was listed as a do follow site.
This forum is giving me traffic, that is why I believe the sig in this forum is working.. :dance2::thumbsup:

I didn't realize that signatures were marked with <!-- sig -->.

It would make sense for search engines to ignore them if they had an easy way. They get indexed but they may not give them full weight.

If your talking about this forum. There are exceptions from the main post noted below. However, for any other forum it depends on how the owner sets things up.

http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/help-using-forum/6348-signature-link-policy.html said:
* No follow will be applied to signature on post of less than 80 words.

Microformat version? Don't quite understand what you mean by this.
I think he's asking about the microFormat infrastructure. I'm not sure what benefit it would really offer if it was used for signatures or how it's even relevant to this thread...

Info here:
Microformats

Thanks for that info. Forum signature and other links in forum tends to us BB code for security reason.

I think admins of this forum has the answer for that. Excuse me Admin. Can you answer this question. Is Signature used in this forum is DoFollow? Thanks..

I believe that it depends on the site but mostly signature are 'follow' and even if they are not it is still good to increase traffic.

As per signature policy the post with less than 80 words makes your signature links nofollow.
All the signature links are weighed less due to hundreds of outbound links. More the outbound links less the weight of that links. So if you want to get benefit of your signature links keep posting and posting and make each post as much informative and described as possible.

When I was looking for a list of dofollow forums, I have found UKwebmasterworld on the list.
And when I registered as a member, I have proved that it's really dofollow.

When I was looking for a list of dofollow forums, I have found UKwebmasterworld on the list.
And when I registered as a member, I have proved that it's really dofollow.
How to know some forum is a do follow site?
And where can i check the list of do follow sites ?

MI
Back