The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is creating websites addictive?

temi

affiliate
I remember banning myself from buying new domain name for the rest of this year in November, since my self imposed ban, I have bought about two domain names but i managed to stop buying one very nice one today so I congratulated myself on that.

GKD too will be breaking his self imposed limit of 5 domain later today. This brings the question; is website creating and domain name an addictive hobby/profession?

Temi, you can't imagine how much. I mean that this is some kind compulsion in my case. Not the domain buying, but learning new things and appying them creating newer and better websites. Not a profession, but not a hobby either. Rather a creating force.:)

I am also guilty... Every time I come across some new script or interesting idea - straight to my hosting admin panel to check if any nice domains available for this kind of website.

In many cases after some research or circumstances beyond my control (google vs. bid directories) I may loose interest in developing some domains. It may just sit there month and month till I decide to develop or not to renew it.

My thought process goes along the lines of ... think up site idea ... think up domain name(s) ... check domain availability ... buy domain so I don't forget the original idea ... leave domain idle for months while I work on all the other half built sites I still have ... month down the line think why did I buy that domain ... the joys of web publishing!

But yes it is addictive - we all like to build our little empires...

I cannot find time for my existing sites at the moment. I am practically fulltime doing SEO for others and my own sites when i find time.

I think it could get addictive. I have few ideas but I do not have time as when I am in the office I am working at too many sites, when I am at home I am working on other projects and completing what i do not have time to finish at the office.

But maybe in the future .... :)

I believe it is, however I don't get addicted easily. I set good standards, not many web sites, I prefer to keep them and develop them and turn them into great projects.

I usually also do a whole bunch of research on the market, before I jump to a new market; I don't like having many projects online, though, they all make me very distracted.

Meti

banners
Back