The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is CPA Marketing easier for newbies than Affiliate Marketing?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I'm pretty new on online marketing. At first I only know about Affiliate marketing and so bought a training on it. I learned that you need to build a landing page, to get people to opt in their emails. And then you can set up autoresponder to send them information about different digital products that you promote like ClickBank products.

I began to implement what I've learned. I learned the way of email marketing is that you need to build a relationship with your subscribers. You can't just keep sending them promotion emails, you have to keep sending email with valuable information that could help them to solve their problem. And then when you build trust then they will be more likely to buy from you.

So I started to compose all my autoresponder emails for my subscribers. I choose the personal development niche because that's the area I have things to talk about. After writing about different topics in my emails I thought that to put all the valuable content into a blog and when I send people autoresponder emails I just put the link of the blog post in my email and then direct them to my blog.

So that's how I started my blog. I took me lots of efforts to set up around 20 posts.

With the building relationship type of email marketing, I have to keep putting new contents on my blog. And that is just so much work. I'm running out of things that I can think of to write about. And if I outsource the writing, it's not always good quality and have to spend money and lots of effort too.

Then I heard about CPA marketing. Seem like the main thing you need to do is to drive traffic to the offers. You don't have to do email marketing and no need to have a blog or anything.

So I wonder if CPA marketing is much easier for newbies to do than Affiliate marketing.

But maybe the way I was taught about building relationship with subscribers are not exactly right? I subscribed to a lot of lists myself and very few those senders would send emails with valuable contents, all I get are promotion emails.

If I don't have to think of valuable contents for my subscribers, then that would be a lot less work.

Can you tell me your opinion if CPA marketing is much easier to do then Affiliate marketing?

Suggest people installing an app, inputting email, sign up sth,etc is always easier than paying sth. Don't care about CPA or Affiliate marketing, you should focus on what actions from them give you money

CPA is affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing means commission based marketing and most of them are sales based. We call it CPS. In CPA marketing, it's easier to convert but the ROI is small, and you don't need to care about a refund. On the other hand affiliate, marketing is sales based marketing in here you could earn more than CPA marketing. I think you also consider about that CPA marketing has a broad range of product then affiliate marketing, but the truth is CPS marketing has more products and quality than CPA. Do you hear about Amazon affiliate yet? Every traditional service or product has their affiliate option, for example, getresponse, Bluehost, GoDaddy. As a newbie, you can start with CPA marketing but in near future, you should take care of CPS marketing. Always count and track your EPC.

I'm pretty new on online marketing. At first I only know about Affiliate marketing and so bought a training on it. I learned that you need to build a landing page, to get people to opt in their emails. And then you can set up autoresponder to send them information about different digital products that you promote like ClickBank products.

Can you tell me your opinion if CPA marketing is much easier to do then Affiliate marketing?

For me, both requires the same amount of work. But with CPA, you need lots of money to test different kind of offers to find the profitable one. With the traditional affiliate marketing, let's say you wanna promote Amazon products, you'll do product review or an article for the products you're promoting but it takes time to get indexed and rank on the search engine.

You mentioned that you put lots of effort in writing the content. Actually to save energy and time, you can get the content done by freelance writers. For me, the level of difficulty to learn and make money from both types of affiliate marketing is pretty much the same.

By building a website and put valuable content up, you're actually building an asset that can make you money in the long run. Some successful CPA marketers also build a CPA-based blog or website to promote offers.

Yes CPA easy Than Affiliate
affiliate U have To invest More
u need Leads (Peoples Emails)
With CPA No u can lunch a campaign if it's Cool Optimize it if it's NOt discard it and move on
u just need good cpa offer , good landing page , target right oudience

These are just different approaches to Affiliate marketing.
Anyway, your point is right, it's easier to drive traffic to Advertiser's page directly than to optimize your page on daily basis and building relationship with your subscribers. However, that other approach allows you to have free advertising to your subscribers via email for the vertical they already showed interest.

Try both, test and look what works better for you.

However, that other approach allows you to have free advertising to your subscribers via email for the vertical they already showed interest.

However, that other approach allows you to have free advertising to your subscribers via email for the vertical they already showed interest.

Try both, test and look what works better for you.

Copy/paste?

I think CPA marketing is good but like someone said above you do need abit of money to go that route .
Find yourself a good offer and work on that

I have been promoting CPA offers for over 16 years. This is how I do it.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers, because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form to get paid. So conversion rates are typically much higher. I also promote free sign-ups(dating for example) and free trails(weight loss, ecig, etc...). Lastly, I promote a limited number of offers that are 100% purchase. Theses usually will have some form of savings related to something very popular, be something unique/novelty or solve a house is on fire type problem. These offers are more of an impulse buy.

In the end, all the offers that I promote have mass appeal...will be of interest to a very large audience, because it helps increase my conversions and also makes it easier to cross promote the offers. This is important because of the way I generate traffic.

The way that I generate traffic is I acquire data(email list) and this is because I'm building assets that I own and can market to them over and over at low cost. Compared to what most marketers do, buy traffic that usually just turns into a bunch of clicks and converts poorly.

I acquire fresh targeted data that I know what the users are interested in and I know there is a PPL offer that matches their interest. I generate real-time co-reg that targets specific PPL offer. I also acquire aged data, but this is a bit more complex strategy and requires additional tools/resources to do.

I will admit that this isn't an inexpensive business to get into. However, if you have a tight budget, I would highly recommend you start with Rev-Share data. With Rev-Share data you get data up front from list owners at no cost. However when you mail it, you sill split your revenue with them 50/50. This keeps your start up costs way down and you can build your bankroll till you can acquire data on your own and then keep 100% of the revenue. There are other advantages of rev-share when starting out, but cost savings is the main one.

With this type of marketing, your not sending content or need to build a relationship with the users. The reason why marketers do this is because they want to sell them something and you need to get the user to know like and trust you in order to them to take out their credit card and buy. However, most of the offers I market to users are free offers, so the know, like and trust factor isn't important.

I could go on and on, but I think you should get the idea. So I acquire data and promote offers that have mass appeal and are mainly free or almost free offers, but still pay well. This offers the path of least resistance to getting conversions and turning the data into cash producing assets.

It really does work and is very scalable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, does 6-7 figures. While that is a huge range, much comes down to ones ability to scale and effectively manage the infrastructure that comes with scaling.

Anyway, at the least, it's something to think about.

Last edited:
banners
Back