The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is anyone really making good money?

Sure I know lots of people that are although the majority of people in this business don't make much as they don't take the time to learn and give up too soon. It does take lots of time and work so it's not get rich quick. If you have a little money it can make it easier and help you get off to a faster start.

the only money i spend currently is for domains and hosting ... everything else about my sales is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

so ... sure it's not a full time income yet, but it's some good pocket money that does make a big difference

I'm making money without spending anymore than my hosting fees and domain registration.

It took me a few years to get to that point, so stick with it and it will come

Same story here.

One thing I might suggest is don't put all your eggs in one basket with one web site and one merchant. Experiment...a lot. Try a few different web sites, all different and try different merchants on each site. See what works and what does not. But, like said above, it takes time. Patience is a real virtue in this business.

I'm making decent money for a student, NOT 6,000$/month but enough to party and buy drinks for myself and still keep money over to safe for later or to invest into something new :)

I currently don't spend any money at all. Everything I make money from is absolutely free.

Now when you say "good money" it really depends. I'm not making a truck load of cash but to me.. any kind of cash is "good money" especially the kind I don't have to work too hard for ;)

I am making some, not enough, but I haven't put in the effort yet, because I also have a full time job. If I had seven extra hours a day, then yes, I would be making great money. For now, I only have my "spare time" which isn't much. As everyone else has previously said, it's not a "get rich quick" thing, you have to put in the time and the effort, and then, only then, will you reap rewards. Don't give up. Try and try some more. Keep coming back to this forum, read the stickies in the newbie section, and most importantly, DONT BUY ANY EBOOKS....

There are those who make money. As everybody else has suggested it takes time, living your niche for a year or more before you can make big profits, and yes, you are going to make your own mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

If you know internet, if you love the SEO game or the blogging game, or whatever your method is, than you will make it in time.

Good Luck

Can you clarify?

Same story here.

One thing I might suggest is don't put all your eggs in one basket with one web site and one merchant. Experiment...a lot. Try a few different web sites, all different and try different merchants on each site. See what works and what does not. But, like said above, it takes time. Patience is a real virtue in this business.

Ron,
Can you clarify your advice for me? I'm brand new at this game and in my thinking.....I should ensure a quality site with quality content before I begin another. This may be what you're meaning. I've heard others say "don't wait till you have a perfect website before moving on" and others say "content is king". I see arguments for both sides.

What say you?

Thanks for your time!:D

The first month or so are very frustrating with new websites because, even if you work hard, it takes awhile to get search engines to list and rank you, and to figure out some good traffic strategies.

I would say that traffic is king - because mediocre websites will make something if they have traffic.

Content is Queen though because you want to have your visitors stick around to see your ads.

And yes, I keep the lights on with affiliate marketing. I work a lot though. It is a job to me, and I constantly experiment with stuff. Most people who do this full time have dozens of websites in all stages of development.

And honestly - in my experience (which has been confirmed by others) everything can work, but you have to look at your return on effort. That said, 10% of my websites make 90% of my income.

I am now trying to outsource more, because maybe a larger percentage of my websites would do better if I could only attend to them all.

But sometimes you just have to throw a lot of concepts against the wall to see what sticks. :eek:

I work a lot though. It is a job to me, and I constantly experiment with stuff. Most people who do this full time have dozens of websites in all stages of development.

And honestly - in my experience (which has been confirmed by others) everything can work, but you have to look at your return on effort. That said, 10% of my websites make 90% of my income.

I am now trying to outsource more, because maybe a larger percentage of my websites would do better if I could only attend to them all.

But sometimes you just have to throw a lot of concepts against the wall to see what sticks. :eek:

Sounds like you really can't ever maintain a site without constantly checking up on it, or making changes. Can you get a project running and making decent conversions and forget about it for a few weeks?

Sounds like you really can't ever maintain a site without constantly checking up on it, or making changes. Can you get a project running and making decent conversions and forget about it for a few weeks?

I have websites that make conversions that I do not touch for a few weeks at a time, but because of competition - that tends to drop off after awhile. Another webmaster will see your high rank for a keyword in the SE, and they will try to beat it....

And I have those websites linked into my network of websites, so "something" is always getting updated.

I'm not sure what you're asking? Do most people make money without time or effort or money. Nope. sorry. I really enjoy this work, and for me, it beats commuting....but I treat it like a job or a business. All of the people I know that actually make a living, are the same.

There is a ton of money to be made on the internet...

One thing that people should keep in mind is that earning extra cash or even a FULL TIME INCOME online isn't as complicated as you might think it is -- certainly not as complicated as many people will lead you to believe it is :)

While many will swear by "content is king" I disagree. Action is king and content is simply a result of action.

I agree action is king, and that is the problem with having too many websites. You have to keep putting up fresh content, doing link exchanges, maybe finding new products.

Of course you can outsource some it out, but you need to start making money before you can start paying people.

I see the concept of having a number of sites, but I think it's a good idea to first get one making money before you start building more.

Besides it's a good learning experience and you will make less mistakes on the next one.

I did not mean to imply that I thought somebody should start out with a dozen websites... I probably got off the track of the question. Sorry.

OK - activity or action is king. I agree with that too. But the activities are getting traffic and content.

I have just seen too many people put up a wonderful website and then get stuck because they didn't understand how to promote it, or want to take those steps. Or they get sucked into the latest e-book that promises wealth without work. (There are some legitimate ebooks out there that can help newbies, but they usually do not promise riches and no work)

I automate a lot more than I used too, and I do outsource work now. In the beginning, when I didn't "trust" my activities or have money to justify the expense, I spent a lot of time getting traffic, building pages, and - just reading for information.

There are lots of great forums, like this one, that give away all of the information a person needs. It just takes time to sort through it, and of course, new ideas spring up and search alogorithms change.

I have websites that make conversions that I do not touch for a few weeks at a time, but because of competition - that tends to drop off after awhile. Another webmaster will see your high rank for a keyword in the SE, and they will try to beat it....QUOTE]

Great info for this noo-b. I have no idea what you're talking about regarding another webmaster and your keyword rankings. Will you point me to where I can study up on this.

I have websites that make conversions that I do not touch for a few weeks at a time, but because of competition - that tends to drop off after awhile. Another webmaster will see your high rank for a keyword in the SE, and they will try to beat it....

Great info for this noo-b. I have no idea what you're talking about regarding another webmaster and your keyword rankings. Will you point me to where I can study up on this.

Well.. most (but not all) webmasters rely on search engine traffic - either from "natural" search listings or pay per click search listings. A good position in those listings when somebody does a search on one of your "key words" is how you get your traffic. Getting that position is competitive. If it is a money-term, you can bet that other webmasters will want to compete for it.

You either want to learn about search engine optimization (for natural traffic) or pay per click (for products like google adwords or yahoo search marketing).

Reading up? I would browse around here for tips, or other webmaster forums have sections on search engine marketing. Again, there are some valid e-books out there, but I hesitate to direct anybody there because so many are piles of doggie doo. :)

I'm not sure what you're asking? Do most people make money without time or effort or money. Nope. sorry. I really enjoy this work, and for me, it beats commuting....but I treat it like a job or a business. All of the people I know that actually make a living, are the same.

By no means am I thinking there's money to be made with no effort. I was just curious about how long a site could provide worry free conversions that would free you up to work on other projects. I read a lot about affiliates only working about 10 hours or so a week. Does this sound about right? I realize that those are experienced marketers and that I shouldn't expect that type of deal for some time to come. I just wonder if I should expect it at all.

MI
Back