The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is affiliate marketing on the wane.

BrianP66

The reason I ask is because I'm also a member of an FB group and it's all doom and gloom. I get the impression that most of them have a niche that only directs prospects to Amazon. As we know they slashed their commissions and this morning there was mass panic because their sales report came through incomplete or not at all. Are a vast majority of affiliate marketers just with Amazon.

Last edited:
Is affiliate marketing on the wane.

No. This industry is constantly changing and we have to be flexible and keep abreast of the changes, so we can chart our course accordingly and make any necessary adjustments.

I have noticed some prices on amazon prime have gone up or are not that competitive with other 'big box' sources online. for instance
Amazon
upload_2020-5-14_20-14-30.png

I bought them at Menards
upload_2020-5-14_20-6-2.png

+$3.35 Shipping I bought 3 pks of 12

I bought the same item at Walmart online and it was $10.99 free shipping over $45 Sold out

So WTF Bezos lost a few Billion in stock value --crocodile tears. Adapt or Die ...

What is going on is first in first out inventory -- deflation is my friend.

Yeah, my daughters and sisters have told me about the insane pricing, now. Yet Amazon commissions went down, I've heard. I never thought they were great to begin with. I so seldom get a commission from them, I haven't looked in ages. That part's my fault, not theirs.

Crazy things have happened in this biz before. Nothing like a pandemic, mind you but in both cases, what you said still applies:
Adapt or Die ..

I bought them at Menards

A department store?

I've heard that Amazon is putting non-essential items on backorder, which is probably why prices are going up. More demand because less supply in their warehouses.

I've heard that Amazon is putting non-essential items on backorder, which is probably why prices are going up. More demand because less supply in their warehouses.

I hadn't heard that but you could be on to something there.

That's assuming, of course, that they aren't price gouging.

Do you understand the difference between LIFO and FIFO

Nope, not that I know of but I'll read the article and get a little smarter, thanks.

By the way, I noticed your new ensemble a few hours ago, very fetching and apropos. :D

Update: After a quick look so far at that article, I did know about proper stock rotation and that some people do it wrong FIFO vs LIFO. Whew, I don't feel quite as stupid now. :D

Just the opposite -- ships May 20th in stock immediate shipment
I think they may be price gouging an in demand item! Or, prices are deflating Do you understand the difference between LIFO and FIFO >>>Inventory Valuation — LIFO vs. FIFO
I am price comparing Amazon now --been a prime customer for years ...

About 38 cases and 5 deaths in this county have come out of my postal code the county health department stats :eek:
1:100 people are infected zombies maybe @3800 population I haven't the zip code population handy would have to add up all of the census tracks in the postal area --they overlap some too. The whole city is 30,000

Wow! You'd better wear that suit when you go out.

Bet they don't sell those on Amazon.

Canada has 70,000 or so cases now. A bit over, I think. Ontario's case numbers are going down, so we're starting a slow open on the 19th. In June, they're going to open parts of national parks.

The cost of inventory acquisition is not the issue here ...

Which leads us back to price gouging. Isn't that illegal there?

@BrianP66 - I didn't think to ask before but are the marketers in that FB group saying why they think the whole industry's going the way of the dinosaur? Are they basing that solely on their declining numbers?

That's OK we live and learn ... how can a price difference be so big? Almost 3x the price? Same name brand?
The cost of inventory acquisition is not the issue here ...

**Menards is a building supply store and a household supply too.
https://www.menards.com/

Last edited:
By the way, I noticed your new ensemble a few hours ago, very fetching and apropos.
About 38 cases and 5 deaths in this county have come out of my postal code the county health department stats :eek:
1:100 people are infected zombies maybe @3800 population I haven't the zip code population handy would have to add up all of the census tracks in the postal area --they overlap some too. The whole city is 30,000

Last edited:
@BrianP66 - I didn't think to ask before but are the marketers in that FB group saying why they think the whole industry's going the way of the dinosaur? Are they basing that solely on their declining numbers?
Just had a look at the group again and it's a usual split in opinions. Doom and gloomers on one side and on the other people saying pretty much what you said that the landscape is changing and having to adapt. I was getting in to Airbnb a while back and he said that to succeed in this world you have to be unique and Miles Beckler says that there is an audience out there for you, you just have to find it and get them to trust you. Not sure if I should be following Miles Beckler but he seems to be more genuine than some of the others. I think you get more value from forums.

I haven't seen any Clorox edema ads or Lysol booster injection ads

<shudder> :D:D:D

the government with jurisdiction will shut you down

In a heartbeat, I'm sure!

If you know who Jim Bakker is (TV Evangelist Christian Preacher/scum bag )

Remember Tammy Faye? Forty pounds of makeup on that face!

since then he has had a stroke and filed bankruptcy.

He was gone for quite a while before, wasn't he? He's like Jason and Michael Myers, he keeps coming back. :D

Wow! You'd better wear that suit when you go out.
Just to update this I have a data file with age|sex|population by zip code (postal code) now (compiled from gov census estimates)
11310/36 (pop/cases)
1:314 is the correct infected rate --the county average is 1:260 ...

Still bad ...

Which leads us back to price gouging. Isn't that illegal there?
Federal Emergency regulations only cover PPE intended for anti-COVID like masks, gowns, and medical supplies directly related.

Speaking of virus and affiliate anyone make any money off it?
I am working on a COVID-19/Corona website using daily updated statistics. So if 'making money off it' means traffic and various ads --we'll see. I haven't seen any Clorox edema ads or Lysol booster injection ads :p I have seen some mask ads, UV sterilization devices offered. I would stay away from any nutra or supplement ads claiming any anti or remedy for a COVID infection --the government with jurisdiction will shut you down (a C&D) and a fine is possible. If you know who Jim Bakker is (TV Evangelist Christian Preacher/scum bag ) Televangelist Jim Bakker ordered to stop peddling coronavirus ‘cure’ since then he has had a stroke and filed bankruptcy.

There may be some pay-per-install for the COVID Tracking apps coming out?
Factbox: The race to deploy COVID-19 contact tracing apps

Last edited:
MI
Back