The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

is adwords really worth it???

bfc5084

affiliate
i was thinking about investing 50 bucks a month for google to put my webpage on the right of google searches... does this really help traffic???

Well it depends on how well you target your keywords and write your ad to some degree. Also depends on what your keywords are. If you have to pay $3 a click because your market is competitive, you won't make out as well as you would if you can find 30 cent keywords that are still highly targeted.

There is a lot to learn about PPC to do it right. If you don't study and learn how to do it, it can be just wasted money. $50 a month isn't really that much money for an Adwords campaign. If you can get 30 cent clicks you'd get 166 visitors. Depending on what you are selling and how well it converts, that could get you anywhere from zero to 3 sales on average.

If you are tight on money, you need to look at this as gambling. You could lose it all or you could get lucky. But even the pros say you need to do lots of testing a tweaking to get a campaign that turns a good ROI. It can be done for sure. I know affiliates making 90K a month doing PPC. But they have the money to put in and lost a lot of money in the beginning learning how to do it right.

Let me add that if I perceived you as an affiliate that already had lots of experience I'd say sure go for it - this could help you get to the next level of earning.

My answer was not very encouraging because I sense you are very very new to all this. You need to be sure your site is designed right to optimize conversions, you need to be sure your links are set up right and track. There are just lots of beginner lessons I think you need to go through before you tackle PPC.

i was thinking about investing 50 bucks a month for google to put my webpage on the right of google searches... does this really help traffic???
Yes, of course you'll get some traffic. But what is your goal for that traffic? Many people use Adwords successfully, but I would say that many more try it and find that it doesn't meet their goals.

There are usually some coupons floating around for free $25 or $50 credit when opening a new Adwords account, so look for that and try it out for yourself.

I've been "working" AdWords for several months now and it does have it's own learning curve -- takes a while to understand how things work and what works for you and then there's still always different things you can try to tweak things. It can get confusing but it can be exciting, too.

Point is, I think you'll need to invest more than $50.00 before it would really pay off, but if you're willing to do that, I'd say definitely give it a try and do read their help files and watch their tutorials -- that helps you understand it so much more. Good luck!

MI
Back