The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Investors

triple34

affiliate
Thanks so much for the feedback so far. My new question is what is the best way to go about finding investors? I've carried the load so far with some good some bad what would be the pro's and con's with inviting in investors, I'm kind of torn.

Hi again triple34,

Finding investors:
You'd have to sell them the idea and the idea that they'll be able to make money off of it. Never think that someone will invest simply because of the "good" it'll do for society. You have to sell them on the idea that they can make money out of it. (ok, maybe not never, but for the sake of argument, its mostly true)
In order to sell them the idea, you first have to be sure that it will make money.
Once you get investors on board, depending on the amount they invest, they will have a pretty big say on what happens. Be prepared for conflicts.

To be quite honest, it would be best that you take a look though the US Small Business Administration website [sba.gov] and/or [toolkit.com] which offers so good information on starting a small business. I haven't looked into looking for investors for my company so I can't really point you in the exact direction.

Also, considering contact someone from SCORE [score.org] regarding this.

Note for moderators: Sorry about the "links" I thought they would be important to find the relevant information I am proposing. sba and score are both accredited sites. toolkit does ask you to buy a kit but still provides tons of free information for a start-up small business owner.

Yea I agree with that. But what happens is that when I make the sale (we've had 2 so far) I get TONs of feedback from the chiefs and from that department. Firefighers have alot to say about our software.

Yea I agree with that. But what happens is that when I make the sale (we've had 2 so far) I get TONs of feedback from the chiefs and from that department. Firefighers have alot to say about our software.

That's fantastic! Consumer feedback is a billion times more important than.... pretty much anything.

Yea the beauty of our company is that we custom build our product towards the department. You would be amazed how differernt EVERY fire department is. Thats how we plan to seperate ourselves from the rest 1. Great customer service. 2. Developing a great custom software per department.. I just have to get over this Getting the word out..

banners
Back