The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Invest in Atlis Electric Pickup Trucks?

Graybeard

This is really high-risk but ... It's one hell of a plan --if it works.

I read this last night and it does seem a bit of a pipe dream but --IDK
1000 share lots @ $290.00 ($0.29/share)
Atlis Motor Vehicles | StartEngine
here's the original SEC filing
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1722969/000166516018000214/xslC_X01/primary_doc.xml
mobile_IMG_0046.JPG

>>>{quote}
"To build a better future, we need to create better alternatives. We created Atlis Motor Vehicles because we believe pickup trucks are some of the most enjoyed and desired vehicles on the market, and the one truck that can benefit significantly from electrification. If we're going to deliver an all-electric pickup truck, it must not require compromises."

- Mark Hanchett, Founder

Atlis Motor Vehicles is designing and building a plug-in battery electric pickup truck, with unprecedented capabilities, at a reasonable price. Our goal is to bring back the excitement and affordability of the pickup truck while racing towards the future of electric mobility.

We are raising funding to finish development of our prototype Atlis Motor Vehicles XT pickup truck and Advanced Charging Station. We have completed our feasibility studies, developed small-scale prototypes of critical capabilities such as a fast charging battery pack, completed preliminary vehicle industrial design concepts, and are looking to design and build our full-scale prototype vehicle. <<<

The numbers they are projecting look good from a marketing perspective, if and only if< they can produce a truck at their projected market price in that segment.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting ... What do you think? Can Atlis actually do it?

I know I"m a bit old school but I just don't put 'electric' and 'pickup' in the same sentence. Pickups symbolize power (and cowboys :D) and electric vehicles seem more for those little smart cars so tiny you could put them on your keyring.

That being said, if you have the money and patience, if this is where the future seems to be heading, it'd be a good chance to get in on the ground floor of a money making opportunity.

Whether or not they can do it, probably. If they don't, I'm sure somebody will figure it out, at least at some point in time.

I still have trouble visualizing a pickup owner plugging in his truck, or hearing Sam Elliott make charging sound sexy.

Like I said, I'm old. School, I mean. Old school. :D

Electric motors produce more torque -- and produce it faster.
Model S | Tesla
0-60 2.5 sec
Corvette ZR1 acceleration times in miles per hour
0 - 60 mph 3.0 s

I drove pickups for my construction business for years and mostly it was 200 miles per day or less.

The only problem with electrics is the travel distance and recharging time.

Maybe towing your boat or 5th wheel trailer on a 500 mile journey or long distance vacation is not easily doable. You would want a 500-1,000 mile range /.62 =km

But the use case for local travel for tradesmen or just commuters seems viable ...

Believe me, driving a 3/4 ton or 1 ton dually isn't sexy by any means -- is a bumpy ride and often a kidney buster. I have an older Dodge Ram 250D V-10 (8.0L 488 CID ten cylinder) torque monster that gets 9 miles/per gallon going downhill :p Not sexy just expensive to drive much -- but to haul a load :) Just keep it around for a spare vehicle and when I need to haul or trailer something.

The only problem with electrics is the travel distance and recharging time.

Yeah, that's one of the problems I have with them. You run out of power in the middle lane of the highway, or halfway between Toronto and Ottawa, or can't find a charging station and you've got a problem.

What would be wrong with a hybrid - gas and electric? Then at least you'd have a backup fuel source.

Believe me, driving a 3/4 ton or 1 ton dually isn't sexy by any means

If that's like the Ram150 (or whatever, I have no real idea), Sam Elliot makes it sound like it is just by talking. I have no idea what he said about the truck, though. :D Not important.:eek:

I have an older Dodge Ram 250D V-10 (8.0L 488 CID ten cylinder) torque monster that gets 9 miles/per gallon going downhill

:D:D:D Not practical as a vehicle but that was funny!

Last edited:
Cityfreighter | StartEngine

this looks interesting too --but more competition in the local electric parcel delivery UPS, DHL, locals ...

electric-parcel-vans500.jpg

@KateFowler : It's a long shot but we are talking <$500 on speculation.
Think if you bought Apple or Facebook when they did an IPO $$$ Risky -- yes, So was Bitcoin @$60 when I first became aware of it -- had I dumped near the top (oh well). Nothing ventured -- nothing gained ;)

Maybe, they are only licensed to offer in the USA, the SEC (US Security Regulator) has a limited IPO now <$2M

They are called START engine :)
I am considering them for a mini IPO I want to do for a marketplace Hyperledger importing business I am working on ;)

banners
Back