The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Internet marketing and affiliate marketing

TemptressTK

affiliate
I was just wondering exactly what the difference is in "affililate" marketing and "internet" marketing. I am an internet marketer but I also plan to market affiliate products to my opt in list. I guess that could also be considered email marketing too. :confused:

Just curious if there is anything about affiliate marketing that sets it apart from all the other online marketing.

Definitions are great and all that but I want to hear from people that are actually doing the marketing.

Please and Thank You!!:)

Terri

Hi Terri,

Great to see you on this fine forum.
Hope that you enjoy!
You are right, affiliate marketing and internet marketing seems a synonym of each other.
It all depends, what kind of products you market.
Have seen affiliates marketing products off-line, by flyers, personal e-mails and newspaper ads. It all depends how you can track your sales. Some kind of products can be sold only via internet, e.g. downloadable e-books or software.

Online marketing is broadly the act of marketing anything online. Could be your own product or something you bought to resell.

Affiliate marketing is the act of selling someone else's product for an affiliate commission via an affiliate relationship. The method of selling is usually online marketing but also can be email marketing and even offline marketing.

HANKS YALL!!

Wow....offline marketing.....I sure dont miss those days. I had to get off this bed, put on a bra, leave the house and drive around etc. :eek:

God bless the internet and online marketing!!!:D

Have a Great week everybody!!!

The difference between Internet Marketing and Affiliate Marketing online is that Internet Marketing is promoting your own products while Affiliate Marketing is promoting someone else's product for a percentage of the sale price which could be anything up to 100% and as low as 2% although using say Clickbank is usually between 50 to 70%.;)

Hope this makes the difference clear?:)

Stephen & Jennifer.:cool:

MI
Back