The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Include price in my ad copy?

bulgarianbgm

Is it a good idea to include price in my Ad Copy?

This is for CPA offers that convert on sale. I guess including a price will lower CTR but improve CR. The CPA offer I refer to is in the weight loss niche.

It will bring your ctr way down but it will filter out a lot of freebie visitors.

As long as your ad network doesn't have a quality score that jacks up your cpc, it's not a bad way to go.

It's still good to split test, I have done it a few times with some success.

Depends on the product, so split test. Usually the price should be shown AFTER you introduce the product and show it's real value. If you don't tell anything about the product and just show the price, even the lowest price point may sound expensive.

It's a balance....if the perceived value exceeds the amount to pay, you'll get the sale.

Another point is that it will depend on which traffic source you're using. Decreasing your CTR could increase your overall cost. Its important to track your metrics and split test for max ROI. Good luck!

If you're doing web advertising and driving traffic to an LP, try over delivering to your prospects.

Getting users to buy instantly is hard. I know people will say include the price and filter out the people looking for free stuff but if you give away free helpful stuff your prospects will trust you and want more from you later on having the will to buy almost anything you recommend.

Plus doing this is better for you in the long run in terms of you having a converting list that you can go back to and milk whenever you want.

A couple of years ago my clients asked for the prices mentioned in almost all of the copy I wrote. Now they rarely ask that the price be included. I don't know if this is a fad or there's some confirmed benefit to keeping the buyer in the dark until payment time. I'm sure this practice results in many abandoned shopping carts.

As mentioned above, I would try to capture a lead and split test with and without a price mentioned upfront.

Split test it 3 ways. 1) with the price, 2 without the price, and 3) You can show 2 prices. The before price thats crossed out and the promotional price.

banners
Back