“Guru Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Improving seo and indexing for a new site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by AndyDOHD, Nov 7, 2014.

1. AndyDOHD

AndyDOHD Affiliate affiliate

HI All,
    I am new to this site. I have been working on a friend's site constructed using a WP theme. The friend still has an old domain with his old site. The new site is on a new domain.

I have submitted the new domain to Google a few weeks ago but ti seems not to rank for the search terms I would expect to be used for his particular industry. I wondered whether anyone could offer advice upon improving its indexing?

2. AdCombo
  3. brainmoore

brainmoore Affiliate affiliate

If the planning is not to use the old site then i would recommend making 301 redirect to new site. As it can transfer old site prominence to new one in terms of SEO. To indexing create sitemaps and submit it to Google. Make sure not to restrict bots crawl.

4. pankaj international

pankaj international Affiliate affiliate

Thanks for sharing the Information. I Really like your post.

5. Ben Balfour

Ben Balfour Affiliate affiliate

301 redirect is definitely the most advisable approach.

6. michael noronha

michael noronha Affiliate affiliate

Are you expecting to rank in Google by On Page optimization only? It is possible but you need to do On Page correctly without making any mistake. What was your website keyword position in Google before migrating to a new domain?

7. richardjack67

richardjack67 Affiliate affiliate

You need to submit your site to webmaster for indexing...

8. AshleyBenzen

AshleyBenzen Affiliate affiliate

Some of the on-page activities like page redirection, creating sitemap for your website, creating robots.txt file plays a vital role. Firstly, redirect your site from old one to the new one. After that submit your site in Google webmaster and verify it. Then create a sitemap for it and submit it. Also create a robot.txt file in which don't restrict your sitemap otherwise your website will not get indexed. Also make sure that you haven't restrict your bot for indexing.

9. msp-nick

msp-nick Affiliate affiliate

You'll need to construct links to your site to get your site recognized in Google.

10. Mohita Sharma

Mohita Sharma Affiliate affiliate

Ok Thanks for sharing these nice information
    First should index your site yahoo, bing, Google.

11. Bangalorewebzone

Bangalorewebzone Affiliate affiliate

Just posting Simple Steps , Like Adding review website, social bookmarking, Directory submission, Guest blogging , your website Easily Indexing with major search ENgines

12. biglytics

biglytics Affiliate affiliate

How to index page rank quickly

13. arooba

arooba Affiliate affiliate

iam new and want to know about seo

banners