The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm very new

miggelleq

Hello, im a noob, so gonna kind of keep this short and sweet.

I've not started doing much of anything currently, other than reading about how to get into Affiliate Marketing, however ive not been able to answer a few questions that I do have.

01) When I pick something to market, should I create a specific site / page for that product by itself, or should this be incorporated into "my" website someplace (landing page or what not)

02) Keyword for SEO. Is this something that is also incorporated just within the pages themselves as anchor text, or litterally part of the pages themselves?

I have more questions, but having these answered would certainly provide me with a good starting point. Plus I much rather learn by making mistakes as opposed to having someone hand feed me everything I need. Thank you in advance!

Miggell

Hi Miggell,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will answer lots of your questions and will give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Answers to your Qs.

1) It depends, there are literally thousands of ways to go. Depends on your market, niche, product, type of site, etc.

Best advice #1 Think like the prospective customer would. Would you trust/buy a pet product you were looking for that showed up on a site about "how to get rich quick"?

Best advice #2 Read the stickies in the newbie forum THEN think about finding a niche

2) Your main key phrase should be in the title, on the page several times and in your link anchor text.
Very oversimplified answer - read our SEO forum for lots more info.

Hi Miggell,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will answer lots of your questions and will give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Answers to your Qs.

1) It depends, there are literally thousands of ways to go. Depends on your market, niche, product, type of site, etc.

Best advice #1 Think like the prospective customer would. Would you trust/buy a pet product you were looking for that showed up on a site about "how to get rich quick"?

Best advice #2 Read the stickies in the newbie forum THEN think about finding a niche

2) Your main key phrase should be in the title, on the page several times and in your link anchor text.
Very oversimplified answer - read our SEO forum for lots more info.

Hello Linda,

Thank you very much for replying.

As far as Question 2 goes, you answered it perfectly, im pretty sure ive got a good simple grasp of it. Thank you!

As far as question 1 goes, let me try to get a little more specific. My niche, at least currently is rather general and broad. To give you a couple of examples (not my niches btw), but if my website was a blog about cars, would it be acceptible to have landing pages within my website, dedicated to specific after market parts. For instance: I am marketing a supercharger made specifically for a Ford Focus. I would assume it would be quite fine to have it someplace on my webpage, since my website is dedicated to cars? Is this a safe assumption?

If that is the case, would there be a reason for me, to create a seperate specific webpage (domain included) to market the same product, or would it be more fesible to just do it from my main page, via a landing page someplace within my site?

Hopefully that makes a bit of sense. Ill try to come up with a couple better examples, but hopefully you get the idea.

At this point, I don't have a whole lot started yet. I have a domain name, as well as hosting, and I have knowledge of a fairly broad niche, im just trying to take that next step, find some products that I like, and that I believe in, and start to grind on them and work it out to make some money :) Im not looking to get rich quick, but im looking to, eventually, get rich! Whether its 2 months from now, or 10 years from now, im ready to grind it out!

Hy Miggell

I think that you should market it within your site. It's a related product to your niche that is cars as I read, so you should put your product in your main page.

You have a good start and a lot of good ideas I suppose..
If you're not looking to get rich quick (no 1 why most people fail when they start online btw)..you will certainly make some money online at some moment...but I truly advice you follow someone that already did it or a step by step course/ebook, something that will make you understand all the process...learning by yourself is not bad but it will take you much longer to get where you want and you might feel at some moment overwhelmed!

Hope I've been helpful

Hello miggelleq,

This is in response to your question #2.

I agree with with the comments made so far, and that is the beauty of owning your own website is that it gives flexibility.

For example you could do either of the following

1.) Setup your home page as a static landing page to capture leads and promote a specific product. This would allow you to make related post and still continue to promote additional products within the post or the widget side bar.

or

2.) Setup a 'page' (inaddition to your contact, about and privacy pg's) to function as a landing page. This would allow you to create multiple landing pages to promote different products on each page.

I hope this helps : - )

Do a google search for the phrase "bum marketing" you will learn a lot about how to get started in affiliate marketing and how to pick products to promote

Hi,

Basically I wanted to write what James S. wrote. It is a good idea to have a landing page with a sign-up form, where your visitors can leave their e-mail addresses. Something to the tune "If you want to get the latest information about XXXX in your mailbox, sign-up here". This way you will also build a base of customers.

IM Commandment No. 1: Start building your list as soon as you start building your business.

banners
Back