The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I'm supposed to be an "Affiliate Manager"

JeremyHFSykes

I am new to the industry and I have tried to understand the definitions and usages of certain words but I have had quite a few problems with one... the ONE that IS my job! AFFILIATE This is the short version: My company has been doing work for years with (and has about 500) E-MAIL BASED "publishers." It seems that a lot people call them "affiliates." I was hired specifically to to create a "true" affiliate network of similar size. I was taught that a "true" affiliate means that the person drives traffic via host/post, forums, blogs, web pages, banners, etc. THOSE are the people that I am trying to find. All I seem to be finding are what I consider to be publishers (e-mail specific.) I have found an occasional phone pusher and software seller as well. I have not found the host/post, forum, blog, web page, banner people. Is there something I am missing? I have been doing this about a month and really have not made any headway (I have had some very nice phone calls with some very nice people.) I am on the computer from 7 am to 12:00 -2:00 every night. I am about 5 forums plus Facebook, a TON on LinkedIn, organic searches, everything! I'm getting a little bummed. I am not gonna make a DIME! I don't need the $20,000 a month, I need the $20.00 a month to start!!! :(

Hi Jeremy,

What you are looking for is what I call web-based affiliates (as opposed to email affiliates.) Almost everyone here is web-based. We have very few email affiliates. Many web-based affiliates have mailing lists but it isn't usually their only marketing tactic. Now if you are going after the ebook/get-rich-quick type people or recruiting on those types of forums, you'll get a higher percentage of affiliates that are marketing mainly to their 'list."

So it depends where you are looking, but it also depends on your approach, attitude toward affiliates and I think to some degree you ability to be able to talk the talk and "get it" from their level. Since you are so new, I suspect that may be a challenge.

Tell us a little more about how you are going about the recruiting (without talking about your company or program) and what you've tried so far and we can try to get you more specific tips or ideas maybe.

Straight from the bat the website needs an overhaul, it doesn't provide a professional appearance.

I can tell you that lots of web based affiliates love niche programs in contrast to very general offers like ringtones, diet.

The site's name raises my curiosity, question i have does the network live up to its name?

Tell your boss that the site needs to invite publishers, tell more what you offer and not the generic meaningless bullet points i just read through on the site.

Drop the anonymous testimonials, or link them to real persons, real affiliates.
Presenting anonymous testimonials is a insult to affiliates, lots of affiliates that do this for a living that fully well know those type testimonials are fake.

First impression when i visit a site like that...avoid like the plague.

Take a look how other professional networks are doing things to improve the company's image...that is if Niche Marketers Network is a actual network.

Nothing personal, just a candid opinion since you wanted to know why you can't find web based affiliates.

I don't even trust it's a real reputable company from what i see, i'm positive i'm not alone.

I can't really respond propery to that b/c of forum rules -

We are MOST DEFINATELY a real deal group. we have over 400 e-mail base publishers with tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of individual affiliates that work for us. We run major, major campaigns! We run at least 50 at any given snapshot in time. The reason visitors to the site can't "see" much in terms of our offers is because we are a closed network and to see our offers you must be an affiliate of ours. Even then, the new affiliates don't get to see every one of our offers until they prove themselves to be capable of handling them. I will pass your comments on to my principals but PLEASE know that we are, in fact, a real deal. My company has over 10 years of experience in this field, GREAT reputations and long standing relationships with all its clients and affiliates.

Hi Jeremy,

Not sure you realize how valuable Edwin's feedback is and I know the natural tendency in situations like this is to defend you company. However you asked how to get web based affiliates and you just got good feedback from one.

What you may not realize, being new in the business, is that pros and even mid level affiliates have been lied to, ripped off, pitched to and let down more than you could know. So what Edwin tells you is VERY valid because it's his PERCEPTION.

"We are MOST DEFINATELY a real deal group."

When you work in a relationship business, PERCEPTION is 9 tenths of the law. Seriously. Someone could have the best company on the planet but if they unknowingly were sending the wrong message customers could get a COMPLETELY different impression about the company.

I've barely looked at the site, so am not commenting about it specifically. But often marketers build a site from their viewpoint based on what THEY want to say and what THEY think is important, cool or whatever.

In etail to have high conversions you need to think like your customer and view the site as if you were a buyer. With affiliate programs you need to look at the side with your affiliate marketing mindset going. If you are new and don’t know how they think, then it's pretty hard.

You could pay some affiliates to do a focus group, evaluate your site and give you their feedback. But you just got very direct, no holds barred feedback from a strong affiliate. I'd take it and run with it! ;) :D

I took the advice very well and constructively.

As soon as I got the message, I immediately thanked him. The very ext thing I did was to forward it to all three principals in my company. We have already had two conversations about it and I have 2 more e-mails in my box regarding it from them. We definitely care and are addressing the situation. Thanks to both of you. I just opened the e-mails. They are regarding turning this situation over to a website designer and copywriter.

p.s. My partners thought I should tell you that all the testimonials on the site are from real clients, real customers and real deals. :)

MI
Back