The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

IE7 Affiliate Testing and WARNING

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I have read HORROR stories from people including Danny Sullivan about installing this upgrade and I NEVER like to upgrade before a new release is stable.

BUTTTTTTTT I really would love someone who already has it to check my main site, blog and forum to be sure everything displays right.

Affiliates really need to test their sites - warnings below:

Warning, reports indicate Ie7 still has trouble displaying some types of CSS and there are other anomalies that could affect how visitors view and access your site. The last thing affiliates want is to find out mid November that people have not been able to view their site with IE7 all month.

I also read that links from Tribal Fusion ads do not work or display at all.
So if I were an affiliate I would REALLY TEST everything before everyone starts upgrading.

Beware, from what I have read so far you cannot keep IE6 after you download IE7 so it will be impossible to do cross browser testing. It will take time for all users to upgrade to Explorer 7 and many like me are hesitant to even download it all all until its stable, so you still need to be able to check your site in IE6. That's another reason I hesitate even downloading and testing right now.

Here is a site that shows you a screenshot of what your site will look like with IE7. My site looks OK now from what I can tell with this <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.danvine.com/iecapture/">IE7 Preview Tool</a></strong>.

I was worried because someone told me the beta of IE7 didn't display my site when they tested it.

Anyone already have IE7 that would be willing to check my main site, blog and forum to be sure everything displays OK?

For your blog:

For your forums:

For your main site:

Everything looks fine Linda! :) Hope you like the screenshots I took ;)

- Tom

I tested them all too. Its all good.
The rss feed on affiliatemarketingbuzz.com still needs work, but I emailed you about that one. IE7 picks up on feeds automaticly.

Wow you guys are AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for checking, for the feedback and yes, Tom I do like the screenshots.

Really appreciate you both taking the time to help me with this!

AffiliatePro I just disabled the feed over at the Buzz. Realized it links directly to the source which means anyone that subscribes or syndicates bypasses my site entirely and goes direct to the source. Which means I get no traffic which defeats the whole purpose. Need to figure something out and will try to work on it this weekend.

banners
Back