The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

IDEA - Dojo Group Case Study

mattyboy

affiliate
Hey Dojo,

I had an idea for something, ran it by K and now I'm running it by you all to see if there would be any interest from the Dojo members. Basically, I had the thought of maybe doing a Dojo Group Case Study. We would pick and setup a campaign, and everyone who is a part of the group study, would have a vote or say on how it is run, promoted, optimized, etc.

Initially, my thought on how it would work is:

We open up the group study to a set number of members, one designer and one copywriter. Also, gotta get Crysper in there for all the tools! You MUST be a Dojo member in order to participate in the group study. Every participant will be required to make a small deposit which will be used for expenses such as traffic sources, etc. The designer and copywriter would not have to make a small deposit but would be required to give a minimal amount of time to help with setting up the landers, creatives, etc. All funds would be deposited and held at The Dojo as I'm sure we all trust K and the team.

We would pick a network, who is active on the forum to sign up a Dojo account. Participants would have a vote in the initial campaign we would run. Whether it would be dating, adult dating, lead gen, content/product locking etc. And we would also collectively pick a source to run on. Maybe we could also approach certain providers if they can allow a certain amount of time as "trial" for their product/service.

Advantages: For members, the advantage is to get to collectively work on a campaign, brainstorm, hear others inputs and also get ideas from the group study that can be used in your own campaigns. I'm sure that the group can ask for a little "coaching" from the veterans around here. It's also very helpful for new members and those who are new to Internet Marketing because it would allow them to get a feel of how their campaign should run, general ideas, etc. The advantage for the network, would be to expose to new members on their systems, offers, etc and the advantage for the product/service providers would be that they are able to do a type of group demo and members will possibly use their product/service for their own business and campaigns. And lastly, the advantage for the designer and copywriter, is that it can expose them to a bunch of new possible customers. I'm sure once others would see their work on the group study, they will get more business.

It's obvious that with numerous members involved, many of whom have not worked together, there can be disagreements, etc and since everyone contributed money, we have to ensure that everyone's voice is heard and respected. But in the event of there being a "tie" for a decision, I'd like to elect K, as the "speaker" of sorts and would have the last word on a decision and Andy as a "vice-speaker", in case K is unavailable or something. Cause we know, he is plotting to take over the online world!

Money is money, so I'm not going to say that $20 is nothing, but my thought is that what we can get in return for the $20 could be priceless. Also, when trying something out yourself, you will surely spend more than $20 to be able to try something out etc. Also, my recommendation would be that anyone who participated in the group study, would be allowed to take the campaign on their own but only after the 30 day study period has expired. After 30 days, if the campaign is profitable, we can either "cash-out" with everyone taking their share (designer, copywriter included) or, I would highly suggest, we roll the balance into another campaign or possibly move the current one to a better source (usually more expensive).

Anyhow guys, sorry for the long post but had been thinking about this for a few days and wanted to run it by you all to get feedback. Please do let me know your thoughts and if you feel it's a dumb idea, don't hold back and say so but also include why you feel that way. If there is something that I missed or didn't cover, please mention it and I'll do my best to respond. This was all in my head so sometimes getting it down, can lose some elements.

Alright, very interested to know what you my fellow Dojo Members think and hear your feedback. If you think it's a good idea, I'll take it to K.

I thought about it, and tbh, I can't imagine it.

I think that, if anything, only a few people would do the work for a longer time,

and that the whole project would be too complicated.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth."

But still an interesting idea :)

As Marc said it's no doubt an interesting idea and it would be intriguing to see how many people would be interested but it would take a bit of figuring out to get it right.

Keep the responses coming.

Agreed guys..... It was something I was thinking about it and brought it to you all to see if in any way it could work. Definitely would be interesting!

I think it could work, but you'd need people who were willing to pull their weight... I'd definitely be interested.

the more I think about it ...

Perhaps a jointly developed project actually would result in a very good case study ...

Sounds interesting...but you need devoted people willing to work hard and focus on it.

A better approach maybe is to keep the case study idea but to turn it into a challenge, like a 30 day challenge and make everything public. We can all pick the same network(a serious one that can provide nice bumps), few offers(or just one for all) and try different angles, approaches and different traffic sources.

The challenge will keep us motivated and will make everything more fun, and in the end we should learn a lot and normally we should end with some pretty nice campaigns going.

Sounds interesting...but you need devoted people willing to work hard and focus on it.

A better approach maybe is to keep the case study idea but to turn it into a challenge, like a 30 day challenge and make everything public. We can all pick the same network(a serious one that can provide nice bumps), few offers(or just one for all) and try different angles, approaches and different traffic sources.

The challenge will keep us motivated and will make everything more fun, and in the end we should learn a lot and normally we should end with some pretty nice campaigns going.

Nice idea, so like 1 offer, and see who gets the most conversions from the offer in a month or something - but record how we do it! I may be able to get the chosen network to throw up some prizes also.

MI
Back