The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I think I might be out of my league

mAAgic73

Hi to all, and i have a great amount of respect to all of you profitable marketers. I own and operate a small inspection company and things are slow right now, so i decided to research a new income stream. WOW everyone says they have the winning formula and so far i just dont see it. Absolutely do not know who to trust or even if i should attempt this type of business. I live by my instinct and right now my gut tells me that there is money to be made, but just have now idea where to look. I feel like ive been locked in a room with no lights. So once again, if you are a profitable marketer my hat goes off to you. So if you've been doing this for a while let me know if this is even worth my time, any feedback will be appreciated. thanks

Hi mAAgic73,

Welcome to our 5 Star Community. Thanks for joining us.
Hope we can help you get started in the right direction.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true.

It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success so that's part of why it's confusing. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there! A lot of people make good income at affiliate marketing and they all started off at square one just like you!

But it takes time and effort. If you read anything that sounds too good to be true - run and don't spend your money. :p

For starters, check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. We don't allow anyone to try to sell you anything in our discussion forums and we don't try to sell you anything either, so it's pure good intentioned advice.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

hi maagic and linda! (and to the rest of the community) i am also new here, and i feel for maagic, i too am overwhelmed by all the things i find here, although i have much enthusiam to venture on online business, i realize now that it is a lot hardwork still.

Hi guys-

I am new to affiliate marketing and websites etc but I am not new to trying new things and taking a chance. One thing I have found to be true no matter what you do, like any new worth while venture you start and know nothing about it's going to seem over whelming at first. (If is was super simple and low labor everyone would be doing it right?)

There are ton of great advice threads here about everything you really need to know. I suggest you read them. (not all in one day otherwise you won't retain most of it.) I started by focusing on individual steps rather than trying to do everything all at once.

Not saying it's the right way to do it but it has worked for me so far. I just wanted to reach out and say all us noobs are overwhelmed so don't think it's just you.

Also these really nice people have been great so far in answering any questions I have had so far.

As for spending $$ to get the "secrets" don't even bother...

Good luck to you...

There are so many courses, ebooks and blogs all with good advice. But at first there is way to much to comprehend.

Ideally you want to find a good affiliate training site that is going to give you the help and tools you need. They are out there and they all don't cost a fortune. There are some free ones out there that give you a good solid base.

Also, don't start off reaching for the clouds...You need a solid foundation before things will really take off.

Thank you to everybody who has responded to my thread. Iam soo glad to know that Im not the only one who feels overwhelmed with information. I have been reading threads in this forum and still have a long way to go before i even have a plan in place to get started properly.

mAAgic73

Another thing that I found to be very helpful is to try different things. At least in the begining, which is where I still am... it helps for me to touch and do things, just to try them out. Good Luck!

I have seen some success and am still overwhelmed at times. In fact, I just slammed myself with a bunch of overwhelm in that I bought a new program to help with my article writing (Dragon Naturally Speaking) to speed things up on that end.

I am preparing to build a few email lists on the niches that I do work in and have been learning how to do that.

Add to that the fact that I am in the process of making my business a legal entity to help me change my mindset from hobby to business.

I also need to teach my fiancee how to create links and how to start writing articles to direct to her blog to generate links and traffic.

And I agree with the above post. Try different things. Do not be afraid to test things out. I work with free/cheap methods mostly (I pay bigger money for automation and speed helpers only for now) and know that I can test out a niche, product, or method pretty easily. I wrote about 10 articles for one niche (one I make money in, but a competing product to one that I already sell) posted half in squidoo and blasted the other half to 115 directories for links and clicks and within a couple weeks I have been building steady (slow) traffic to the merchant and have started seeing sales slowly creep in.

Just do something to start. Effort is never lost. You do not even have to attach your name to it unless you want to.

And I agree with the above post. Try different things. Do not be afraid to test things out. I work with free/cheap methods mostly (I pay bigger money for automation and speed helpers only for now) and know that I can test out a niche, product, or method pretty easily. I wrote about 10 articles for one niche (one I make money in, but a competing product to one that I already sell) posted half in squidoo and blasted the other half to 115 directories for links and clicks and within a couple weeks I have been building steady (slow) traffic to the merchant and have started seeing sales slowly creep in.

Just do something to start. Effort is never lost. You do not even have to attach your name to it unless you want to.

that's great. aside from deciding what my niche should be, i am also thinking of various way i can market my blog/site. i'll post to squidoo too since i've heard how powerful lenses can be. but i'll cross the bridge when I get, for now, i am working on my possible niche.

Niches are a great way to get focused on a product. I started with an online shopping site about 4 years ago and it is now doing well but like everyone here has said it takes time and hard work to get there with affiliate programs. I also have a niche network marketing business in the Nutritional Beverage industry. If you want to be successful I feel that a quality product that anyone can use from a quality company that is well known in their market is the ticket to success and there are a lot of them out there. Helping other people to be successful is what this forum is all about. I have learned much and I am thankful to be a part of this group of wonderful people.

banners
Back