The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I read the stickies, now what?

shmuel

affiliate
I have begun my research in affiliate marketing. I have downloaded ebooks, read the stickies on here and even signed up (still waiting on approval) with ads4dough and shareasale.
I am interested in using Adwords and Facebook advertising for most of my profits. I was told I do not need my own website or landing page to do so. After searching on this form I have yet to find an answer to my question.

I am taking everyones advice, I am no longer spending the days reading ebook after ebook after tutorial, I want to get my feet wet! So my question is, what do I do now?

Does anyone know of a step by step that I have missed in my search to help someone out like me trying to be an AM. I feel I am stuck in limbo here while I wait to get approval from these sites. But once I do get approval, I am still not completely sure what it is I should do.

Here is what I know:
Find a niche (product I am interested in promoting)
Developing proper keywords
Setting up google adwords

is that it? Thank you, this forum has been a lot of help already and I am very excited to have it in my back pocket during my adventure into affiliate marketing.

To clarify, I am interested in buying traffic and link them to the traffic url. (hope that makes sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good that you're taking the time to learn and want to get going with taking action.

You need a step by step plan that takes you from point A to point B.

I'd recommend that you don't do Google Adwords right now as it's not as easy as it was 5 years ago and you might end up getting banned if you don't know how to proceed. Google Adwords is not for the affiliate marketing newbie. Besides you will need a website.

As for a basic outline of what you need to do now:

> Find a niche

> Research what that niche really wants so you can expertly give design your offers (give them info, write articles etc).

> Get a domain and web hosting. (surprisingly cheap).

> Install Wordpress and configure your site (it's easy don't worry).

> Start writing articles to get SEO traffic (learn about SEO too).

> Keep learning and refining your strategy.

This is very, very basic and without details but it's a good start.

Jay

What Do I Do Now...

Hi shmuel,

I see that you have started down the road of success online. You must always be in a state of learning so you are on the right track; however you really want to be careful when it comes to this industry because there are a lot of people out there that will try to sell you a dream without all the facts.

That being said there is no silver bullet do not believe for a minute there is, what it takes to succeed in this business is patience and hard work (up front that is). So here is what I would suggest...

Find out what you want to promote and make is something that you are passionate about it will make all the hard work a little easier if you are doing something you like. Definitely get your own domain and hosting to create a site of your own (even though they tell you, you will not need a site to make money it is not 100% true the best way to make consistent money is to own your own piece of internet real-estate.

SEO is the only way to get long term income and getting your site on the top of the search engines is the best way to do that on the long term.

Now the other thing you need to be aware of is to build your own list of email subscribers, you may or may not have heard it by now but the money is truly in the list. Get yourself an auto responder and start sending traffic to your own capture page where you collect the email addresses and names of the people that visit your site and you will be able to build lifelong relationships and customers.

This is the real secret to affiliate marketing but it is not easy, I wish I had some fancy secret that would make this journey simple and easy but there is not and I am not one to pull the wool over your eyes because I truly believe in the words of Zig Ziglar "You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." So if there is anything I can do to help you get what you want please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

:) :) :)

MI
Back