The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I need help Fighting Fraud

Mark_EcomLeads

I am the affiliate network manager for eComLeads and we are currently going through a bout with fraud affiliates applying and getting through our screening process I am not sure what they are doing or how to combat them. Any suggestions??

Hi Mark,

Are you having the type of fraud where affiliates pose as someone they are not or claim to own a site that isn't theirs? I had a huge Chinese fraud ring join a ton of networks pretending to be me a couple years ago. They were impersonating a ton of other people and companies and raking in lots of money. It was a fiasco!

Are you calling to verify identities? That's the extra step most networks have had to add.

This thread has lots of good tips and info about handling affiliate fraud.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-fraud-put-your-detective-hat.html#post31909

Fighting Fraud

I have had all sorts, the most common is the person that signs up with website that is not theirs, but using the name of the owner from WHO IS
I have also had the applicant that has what seems to be a valid email, website and phone number is not disconnected but I never get a response to any phone calls or emails.
Most of these seem to be Chinese or Asian in origin or at least the IP is from there and then the address they submit is a US address.

Would these along with invalid email, phone number be automatic denials?

What about contacting me back what time frame should I give, I know a lot of these guys have regular jobs as well and I want to be fair and just.
I know you had mentioned CPA Watchdog before and there seemed to be some controversy about them. Would you still recommend them?

If the IP is China and they say they own 5 Star Affiliate programs in San Diego or ABCleads in Chicago or something, then yes I would think that's a auto denial.

Since I don't do management any more I don't have to deal with approvals. If I did I'd probably have more tips but that thread I referred to had lots of ideas.

I don't know that company personally, just wrote a story to spread the word in case it would be helpful. I get excited about solutions that help with industry ethics. But with what was written in that article I'd be very cautious.

MI
Back