The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have an idea to convert sales

racemepls

affiliate
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this Idea but I was thinking to maybe give a %10 extra off of a users total purchase price paid by my website to possiby convert sales. I've been thinking off this Idea for a while but was nervous it could come back to bite me somehow. I figured if I let the users of my site know it can take 6 to 8 weeks for thier rebate to arrive(which by then I'd recieve payment by the affiliate) then it can only help. Hopefully It's an good Idea for others here to convert some sales but if not let me know please.

I can see why you may think it's a good idea, but knowing what I know there are several problems and I would not even think about trying it.

A couple of the issues are tracking and %. There are lots of BIG companies that use this model and they have programmers and extra staff to manage it all. You'd need to program custom software. With affiliate programs, you have no way of knowing who bought what. You may make 3 sales today but that's all you know, you don't know the name or email of the customer and don't know who bought which product in order to track how much you owe to each customer.

Plus lots of programs only pay 10% commission so if you pay 10% rebate you just paid all your profit and make nothing.

Plus if you work with networks like CJ, you'll have to identify yourself as an incentive program and some merchants won't work with you then.

Plus what if the affiliate program does not pay you for some reason. Lets say the company says the sale was returned but the customer complains and says no I didn't return, I want my rebate. You'll have fraud and customer service problems to deal with too.

Trust me it won't be worth it. Sorry to rain on your parade. :eek:

Is this not a kind of method of defrauding your customers, i dont like and wont subscribe to this idea at all.

I think give some extra bonus such as a free ebook should be better and is widely used by internet marketers.

banners
Back