The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I earned 5 bux US...

D

Duke

...and for some reason I'm happier than a pig in 5h173 for it. I know it's really small potatoes to you web gurus but it's really something that I never knew was possible.

Anway, I just thought I'd share that little detail with you all.

It is adwords and it was two days actually, I told you it was stupid, yet cool at the same time for me.

Yeh! That is a good start.

For goodness sake, DO NOT, under any circumstances, encourage, ask or tell people to click on the ads, and don't do it yourself. It seems obvious but it's amazing the number of new Adsense publishers that do this and then wonder why their account gets disabled (i.e. no more Adsense, ever).

A great start though.

Thanks mc, I have clicked two or three of the adds myself because the links were pretty good and I wanted to see if it was possible to link exchange with the advertised sites. I also clicked on two adds that were different links to Canaca.com (my current inept webhost) and added them to my Ad-Sense block list.

I also read the rules and google was very specific about offering no incentives to have people click your ads, seems kinda silly to do so.

Do you guys know how they get the content for the ads? I currently only have two ads in my forums and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of new ads yet. Does it just take more time or do I need to add keywords or some other info somewhere?

Duke,

I'm afraid you have already committed a big, "no-no" by clicking on your own ads, twice. I wouldn't ever do that again. I hope they don't let you get up to the $100 payment threshold, and then review your account, seeing you clicked your own adds, and then give you the boot. This has happened to sooooooo many folks. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

Well that sux, maybe I'll install their tool that allows you to see the url's without actually clicking on them then. I didn't realize that you can't click the ads on your own site from time to time. In fact, that makes no sense to me and is the source of a new e-mail to Google.

For those of you who don't know, contacting those guys is really good, in fact, it was so good I was suprised. They got back to me in one business day and answered my question thoroughly.

Ken,
Looks like there are more efficient now than they used to be when they first started, when they first started it took over a week to get a response from them.

Well so far so good.

Oh and btw, the official answer to editing google code is "no at this time but thanks for the suggestion. Google is always looking for ways to improve their programs and it's feedback such as this that helps."

Now that may be a load of horse pucky but it sounded good to my naive ears. Hell, just the fact that they responded so quickly was amazing to me.

I was wondering about those ads, didn't see a post anywhere regarding them. I've clicked through looking at them, don't even remember where they took me, I'll take a look again later today.

I did post something ages ago about adding them to the sites but it prolly got lost in all the new content. I didn't make a big deal out of it because that's a no no according to Google.

well it's just as well, it made me wonder after reading this thread if clicking on it was a no-no for me as well? Oh well, I'm just glad you can actually get some money in return for all your hard work bud!

MI
Back