The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I am so going to quit my day job...

tl_c

affiliate
...thanks to all of the folks on this forum! I've already learned so much, and I'm ready to jump in and start working for ME! I know it'll take time and lots of hard work, but I'm looking forward to the possibilities!

I currently work for a university doing some research stuff, which is quite a departure from my academic background in the humanities and not even close to my calling. In any case, I recently discovered this amazing world of affiliate marketing, and I plan to join it! So, I've been *pleasantly* busy doing my homework, article writing, keyword research, and all of the other things this forum has taught me.

I think I've got a great niche to start with, and now I'm working out website logistics. At the same time, I'm writing articles and getting blog content together for my launch. I'm going to do a content blog using wordpress software.

So, thank you all for the fantastic information!!

Man, I can't wait to put in my two weeks' notice!

Hi tl_c,

Sounds like you've been reading for awhile but just decided to join. Thanks for becoming a part of our community and I'm glad we've been able to help you learn enough to get started. Sounds like you have a good plan and are starting off on the right track.

Do you have enough income saved up to support you as you learn to build your business? I'm all for breaking free and starting your business full time, just want to be sure you have enough of a cushion.

Excited for you. Let us know how we can help!

Thanks, Linda! You provide such an amazing resource here, and I can't express enough my gratitude.

I'm going to keep the day job until I get things going. As much as I'm looking forward to moving on and working for myself full-time (I'll put in overtime, too!), practicality is my middle name. Which is probably why I'm taking longer than I should to launch my site.

What I love about this forum is all of the encouragement and inspirational, yet realistic, stories. That is what gives me the kick in the butt I need to get me one day closer to that final two weeks at my day job.

AND the information is incredibly vast! I'd like to post questions, but I've been able to find the answer in previous posts. Amazing!

Thank you SO much for the kind words. YOU are the reason we do what we do! :)

You know what though? The resources we offer are available to everyone, however many don't fully utilize it or take advantage of it. YOU dig for the info you need and do the research that will be necessary to make your new business work.

It's that kind of attitude and commitment that will make you successful!

Hello there. Your story is quite inspiring. I hope you have success in what you do and it looks like that's partly because of the forums here which I have to say fills me with a little excitment. Certainly I have been searching and you can normally find answers to many of your questions from people who have asked the same thing before. I like to be a reader and input only when I feel I have something really worth it but you have to be a member though don't you. It does seem like you have done your research and appear to know what you are talking about. I wish you luck and hope to see more from you in the future regarding your online marketing methods etc.

@ tl_c
Great... so you have planned your own way. Good to know that you are much confident to take your chance :)
I wish you Best Luck my friend !

You are SOOO going to love the freedom of working for yourself and bidding your 9-to-5 a fond farewell.

Just make sure you're getting into exactly what you want. You want to follow your passion. Otherwise, it could turn into just another job.

"Follow your passion and never work another day in your life." ;)

That is what gives me the kick in the butt I need to get me one day closer to that final two weeks at my day job.

That's a great goal and I wish you the best. Have you given yourself a definitive timetable for putting in your 2 weeks notice? If you haven't done this already, get a notebook, and write down "I will give my 2 weeks notice on (insert date)". Then expand on the reasons why you will quit. "I will spend more time with my family", "I will keep what I earn", "I will make more money" or whatever the reasons are. Then you need to figure out exactly how much you must replace in income to work for yourself. Don't stop at just saying you're going to give your 2 weeks notice. Make it real!

VPNTyson, thanks for your excellent advice! I think it's exactly what I need to get this party started!

All the luck to you, it sounds like you have the spirit and are going to do awesome. Dont forget to post back here and let us know when you make your first sale!

MI
Back