The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

I am looking to break into this business

Nightrain

affiliate
However I find the whole affiliate marketing rather confusing. While I have looked at some get rich schemes. I find that there are conflicting testimonials degenerating affiliate marketing. It seems centered on the fact that some complain that e-books while they give great advice on sales and strategy. None of the advice is on how to go step by step setting up a site ready to work. Its like If I were to give you instructions on how to buy building supplies and left you to figure out on your own how to build the house. Is it just the nature of affiliate marketing or is it just the uninformed person who just got starry eyed without doing the proper research? And if there is such a place for research, undoubtedly a forum such as this is of great value. I cannot make any value judgements for or against this business, as I have not stepped into the arena. I can only say that if one man is successful, then there is no reason why others can't.

Hi Nighttrain,

Welcome to 5 Star. Well I don't envy your position because it is confusing to get started. One reason is there is tons of hype and lies out that from people trying to sell you get rich quick ebooks or promising the have the "secret!". We have nothing to sell you and so you will get as much of the straight scoop here as you will anywhere.

The other reason it's hard to get complete step-by-step tutorials or answers is that there are so many different ways to do it and so many elements depending on which way you go.

Kinda like if you asked a forum full of builders how to build a house. Well that's kind of a big question. They could write a book trying to explain each step - building a foundation, framing, plumbing, roofing, cabinetry... But then again each builder has its own style and there are tons of different types of houses so depending on whether you want a stucco one bedroom condo, a sprawling wood ranch, a contemporary bi-level or a mansion, many of the steps above would vary.

Ok now I think I'm doing more harm than good and making it sound harder than it is, but you get the idea. There is no single right way to do it and each stage can be pretty involved to learn, depending on what style you want to go with.

Best thing is to start reading all the stickies in the newbie forum to get a foundation. Then go read some of the stickies in the niche forum. Picking the right niche is super important for getting started. You don't want to start with a super competitive market - start with a narrow niche. Once you find a niche, that can help determine the best next steps in the learning process.

So start reading then after a light bulb starts to turn on and you think you get the basics, start asking questions and we will help you as much as we can.

Hi Nightrain, to start your business online you need education and you need to know how the system works. Also you have to know what you want and what are your passions. Then you can turn your passions into money.

People are always saying that there are good opportunities out there, but you have to try them and evaluate if they can work for you. And you know this IM world is full of scams and hype.

On the other hand these are short term opportunities. Don't think about making a few extra bucks, don't look for a quick step. Think about building a huge business.

If you love something then you can blueprint the life of your dreams.

Your passion is the thing that doing you feel good, that you love to talk about, that you are happy to teach others and you don't care about how many hours you spend doing it.

Once you have it clear, you look for people with your same passion. Find out what they want and their problems.

Now you create an unique and revolutionary product/service for these people and think about how you can be the only solution for these peoples' desires.

You have to deliver value. Let them know that you are their and that you can help them to change their lives, that you can contribute to their happiness.

These is a long process, success takes time but you too can be successful.

Build the foundations of your business, a step by step plan to achieve your goal

-Discover your passion

-Find the market

-Create your product

-Communicate with people

-Sell your product

-Get a mentor

This is business and you have to understand it. Build your business with your client's desires in mind.

Affiliate Guild

However I find the whole affiliate marketing rather confusing. While I have looked at some get rich schemes. I find that there are conflicting testimonials degenerating affiliate marketing. It seems centered on the fact that some complain that e-books while they give great advice on sales and strategy. None of the advice is on how to go step by step setting up a site ready to work. Its like If I were to give you instructions on how to buy building supplies and left you to figure out on your own how to build the house. Is it just the nature of affiliate marketing or is it just the uninformed person who just got starry eyed without doing the proper research? And if there is such a place for research, undoubtedly a forum such as this is of great value. I cannot make any value judgements for or against this business, as I have not stepped into the arena. I can only say that if one man is successful, then there is no reason why others can't.

I have helpful tools for you for free over at the Affiliate Guild and you should definately read the stickies at the beginning of the Newbie Forum here ... when you click onto the forum you should see them at the top of it.

Keep asking questions! You'll find we're a very giving group.

:p

Thank you everybody.

I used to sell restaurant cards door to door. I remember how crappy I felt after selling Pizza coupons to diabetics. I was after the commission and lost a part of myself. I see the same patterns out there. Although I also see that there are some that actually want to be a asset to the industry by providing services and goods consumers need and desire. Right now I am looking and studying. I know I am not ready. When I am, I'll start off in a sprint. Ta ta for now. the hiway is calling my name. Nightrain

banners
Back