The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I am confused. A few questions for you.

thomas1957

I want to build a website that will allow me to sell as an affiliate to Amazon. I will only be using Amazon products to start.
My niche is a popular one with many sub niches with a wide variety of products that can be sold. I have no products of my own to sell.
I have a WordPress site, a domain name and I am getting ready to learn how to put the website together.
My idea is to write articles on the products I want to sell with links to that product within the article.
I understand there is a learning curve on building a website and I have the time to learn although I may not have the ability but I think I can do it.
If you guys have time I have a few questions.

Within WordPress they have builders that help you build a website. should I use one of them just to be faster? Or should I take the time to construct a website on my own?

There is talk about Blogging VS. articles. The best I can tell is that blogs tend to be shorter than articles and articles are more fact based than opinion and less affiliate links.
Is this the only difference? Does one have less affiliate links in it than the other ?
If there are less links, that's okay by me after all it is all about ranking and getting the top spot with those pesky keywords and that annoying SEO. Evan though they go hand in hand.

I'm not going to be writing articles just for the sake of writing something.
That's great but If I am wondering into the world of affiliate marketing I will need to be selling in order to make money.
If i write and article on the best recliner I cant really expect Good House Keeping to pick up my article just because its geared more towards not selling it but letting folks know its a good recliner so they should buy it.
And I don't thing Good Housekeeping will use my article if I have affiliate links in it to give me the sale. so..
What do I do with my website. Write articles that sell products or Blogs that sell products? Does anyone have a good example of both?

i cant imagine that all blogs are written by snake oil salesmen.

If writing the article is a little longer and more fact based on the product than actually trying to just get someone to buy by scattering links all over it and telling little white lies then I can do that.
I would much rather have a quality website that makes money in the long run being filled with good stuff than get it filled with a lot of opinion and sales pitches but I still need to link to that product at amazon to sell it regardless of the tactic to get them there.
I look at other websites. Some have carts you can fill and when you check out they take you to amazon to fill the order and I have been to sites that take you right to the Amazon page to purchase when you click the link.
Its okay not only to think I'm crazy, It's also OK to tell me so.
All opinions are welcomed.

Tom

1. Don't imitate Amazon to the point where your imitation/clone will confuse the customer --you will get banned. READ the TOS of the Amazon Associates (affiliate) program.
  2. IMO most wordpress blogs are crap :(
    I have seen some with useful information and some product recommendations that I have found worthwhile.
    Here's one I have returned to several times DIY Gunsmithing [The Definitive Guide] - Pew Pew Tactical specialty information and informative.
    He's hiding behind Cloudflare but the site is hosted on a dedicated (or very good VPS) -- loads super fast for me.

upload_2020-8-21_12-56-29.png
  3. So, you have a well designed WordPress that loads fast with IMO good guns niche content. You can see he has been doing this for a while and knows what he's talking about. He has some ads from known manufacturers and some firearms auction houses. So, the partners approve of his websites and content <<< this is what you want in your own field or niche of competition.
  4. Here what he is doing with sending his referrals to sponsors Gun Deals of the Day: [Hand-Picked Firearm & Gear Discounts] - Pew Pew Tactical **added

Last edited:
When it comes to blogs vs articles you eed to knwo your target audience because different people have different interests. There are those that prefer blogs and those that prefer articles. The product that you are trying to promote must also be put into consideration because it determines what you should choose.

Have you considered creating a golf products top 10 website?
Top 10 lists of every type of golf product
The information is already out there - on Amazon
Use the Amazon trending list to create your top 10 lists (with each product include your Amazon affiliate tracking ID). See Top 10 trending golf bags on Amazon then write your articles
  1. Top 10 best golf bags 2020
  2. Top 10 best golf drivers 2020
  3. Top 10 best golf irons 2020
  4. Top 10 best golf trolleys 2020
  5. Top 10 best golf books 2020
  6. Top 10 best golf balls 2020
Use a short catchy relevant domain name such as golfscored.com as you're scoring golf products. Main social media handles are available. golfscored.com is not registered right now so it's $5.

Have you considered creating a golf products top 10 website?
Top 10 lists of every type of golf product
The information is already out there - on Amazon
Use the Amazon trending list to create your top 10 lists (with each product include your Amazon affiliate tracking ID). See Top 10 trending golf bags on Amazon then write your articles
  1. Top 10 best golf bags 2020
  2. Top 10 best golf drivers 2020
  3. Top 10 best golf irons 2020
  4. Top 10 best golf trolleys 2020
  5. Top 10 best golf books 2020
  6. Top 10 best golf balls 2020
Use a short catchy relevant domain name such as golfscored.com as you're scoring golf products. Main social media handles are available. golfscored.com is not registered right now so it's $5.

everything I look up or try to go longtail on has a competition of 1 or very close to it and if its not its not a something you would say or write normally. even if the search volume is low the competition is off the hook.

everything I look up or try to go longtail on has a competition of 1 or very close to it and if its not its not a something you would say or write normally. even if the search volume is low the competition is off the hook.

You're already top of Google
Copy and paste the following into Google
"I am confused. A few questions for you"

If you are selling golf stuff on amazon the you are gona have to write articles that have the grow up tone. I know that this may not make sense but it is that golf is a sport played mostly by adults. You will need professional articles and you can try to get some on freelancer.

If you are selling golf stuff on amazon the you are gona have to write articles that have the grow up tone. I know that this may not make sense but it is that golf is a sport played mostly by adults. You will need professional articles and you can try to get some on freelancer.

There are many options to get posts created by freelancers
If you're on a tight budget just immerse yourself in golf and write your own articles
The easiest articles are statistics based rather than long opinion rambles
Choose a top 10 of anything related to golf
Start with the list, and write a sentence of not more than 150 characters about each entry
If you do it enough times with quality articles you'll start ranking on Google and getting into Google snippets
Check your Google Search Console data for snippet success
But your focus should be on consistent quality that exceeds your competitors
Anything less and Google will ignore you when it comes to page 1

banners
Back