The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to use Binom to build your own database for future monetization while promoting affiliate offers.

Binom Tracker

Pro Performance Tracker
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
Binom Tracker
IzCQRPM.jpg

To the moon,

The term that we keep hearing in crypto.
Do you know what else keeps going to the moon?... CPCs for that juicy traffic that you used to buy for cheap… and guess what is not going to the moon? your ROI!

You crafted your landing pages, handpicked the best offers, lighted a candle and prayed to the affiliate gods and all ready to make some $$$ only to find that your EPCs are nowhere near those CPCs, that makes you reevaluate your life choices.

So, what do we do now, do we just give up? Nop, not that easily… affiliates are a special breed of people that will figure out how to overcome any sh..

Now get ready to get some tips on how you can too, squeeze some more juices from that traffic to make those high CPCs affordable.

I want to share with you how you can use your tracker to build a database of users while promoting affiliate offers, which you can use in the future for additional monetization by running remarketing campaigns.
The best part? you don’t need to have any additional tool for storing those leads, it all can be inside your tracker!

Usually how affiliates promote offers is they buy the traffic, send it to their landing page, from where the user gets redirected to the offer page, with a hope to make a sale and get that commission.

What if the user doesn’t convert on that offer? well… you lose quiet some $$$ you spent on buying that traffic.

p7ip8pJ.jpg

While this was fine before with all the cheap traffic available for the grabs, now things are not that easy… competition getting fierce every day, CPC’s going to the moon, so you have to try and squeeze as much $$$ from the traffic that you paid for, to be able to stay competitive in the markets.

How can you do that? How can you make money from the traffic that you bought no matter if they converted on that offer or not?

By building your own database that you can monetize in the future!

Binom lets you build that database easily with simple piece of code.
Here is how you can implement your own lead generation in your funnel without needing any extra tool, it’s all inside your tracker.

First things first, you need to add the lead form in your landing page, where you will ask the users to submit some details that you are interested in, such as name, surname, email, phone number, etc… before sending them to the offer page.
Just a note, make sure to comply with the GDPR and inform the user of the remarketing possibility by adding the info in your lander.

Here is one of the landing pages that I used to collect leads on my sweepstakes landing page before sending them to the actual offer.

As you can see it’s a typical sweepstake landing page where we ask the user to answer few questions.

QNxZilb.jpg

Normally after the user answers the questions, we usually show few instructions of what needs to do on the offer page, and is directly redirected to the offer.

And here how the funnel looks like after implementing the lead form at the end of the questionary.

UpYPiNQ.jpg

As you can see, we are collecting users name and surname, mobile number, and email address. You can of course collect information that would be useful for your campaigns.

Now while we collect only those 3 fields, you need to remember that you have so much more date associated to this lead that Binom tracks for you automatically, such as the users country, device, operator,… and all the other tracking parameters that the tracker provides. This gives you enormous information about the leads that you can use for your future campaigns.

So how do you collect this data?

You need to use Binoms “Updating tokens from a landing page” feature. You can find a nice documentation of how to use it here.
Binom Documentation

But in short you need to add this piece of code to your landing page
<script type="text/javascript">
tracker_url='http://YOUR_TRACKER_URL/'; function lp_update_token(token,value)
{
var o = document.createElement("img");
o.src=tracker_url+'click.php?lp=data_upd&'+token+' ='+value;
}
</script>

After that you can use this function to pass the lead information to the tracker
lp_update_token(‘email’, ‘PASS THE USER DETAILS HERE’);

After that you can see that in the tracking tokens menu there is extra data, besides the traffic sources default tracked tokens.

x7MQchG.jpg

After the lead is collected on your end, you then can redirect the user to the offer page, and if the user converts on the offer, Binom will accurately show that information, so you will know which leads that you collected converted on that specific offer. You can use that data for your follow up remarketing campaigns.

Here is example from one of my campaigns, those are email addresses that I have collected before sending to the offer page. Here you can see that only 2 of those users converted on that offer, so if I didn’t collet those leads on my side, I would lose potential future earnings from the traffic that I paid for.

7bVcZuX.jpg

Now I know that those 2 users converted on the offer, so in the future I can remarket to them similar offers, while to the other users I can promote different offers.

Two tools that I can recommend for reaching those leads is Mailgun for email marketing or SMS Edge for SMS campaigns, but there are many others that you can find by simply googling.

Now you are probably asking yourself, won’t adding this extra lead form hurt my overall conversion rate?

An honest answer, you have to run a small test and see it for your exact funnel. For my campaigns in most cases this extra step didn’t have much effect on my conversion rate, while in some cases it had a positive effect. The psychology is that since the user already took effort to fill that lead form, he is more likely to go through the flow till the end.

As you can see it's quite simple and straight forward to implement such funnel and start collecting leads and get those campaigns rocking again!

Having any trouble implementing the scripts, worry not… Binom has one of if not the best support out there that will help you get any issue sorted quick, so don’t be shy to reach them out if needed.

That’s all for now, hope you can take away a tip or two from this for your campaigns.

All the best you all!

That's a good question: Is an email lead squeeze adding a nag obstacle or good data collection?

I post the CTA (if any occurs) from a landing page;
with both that customer's identifiers && the ad network and placement (site) as first party analytical data.

Third party, like a JavaScript that is cross-domain, technically, presents legal issues --any plain text email addresses, transmitted cross-domain to a third party would create a potential liability.

MI
Back