The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to stop my text being copied?

WebReviews

affiliate
Hay guys, just a quick question. I was wondering if there a way to stop people from copying your content from your site. By this I mean using the simple select and copy way.

Now if someone gose to the trouble of re typing it, then I guess their welcome to it.

Thanks in advance.

No.

If it's on the net, it can be copied. Period.

You can use all sorts of annoying tricks but none of them prevent copying. Once someone visits your page, whatever is on that page is in their browser cache and available for harvesting. Don't waste your time.

Of course it may work for some sorts of web users who are not so PRO.
But any way I think in it is now way to protect your content against "Prt Scr" button :D

No.

If it's on the net, it can be copied. Period.

You can use all sorts of annoying tricks but none of them prevent copying. Once someone visits your page, whatever is on that page is in their browser cache and available for harvesting. Don't waste your time.

Well that's not entirely true minstrel. I use a plugin with my Wordpress (self hosted) blog which at the very least makes it impossible to highlight and copy/paste text from my blog posts. Since implementing it, I've seen WAY less harvesting.

The plugin's name is WP-Copyprotect.

But anyone can still do a view source or use other convert to text messages, including Google's cached version of the page.

But anyone can still do a view source or use other convert to text messages, including Google's cached version of the page.

Oh absolutely... I don't dispute that.

I'm just saying most people don't or haven't gone that far in my personal situation. ;)

Using this plugin cut the harvesting way down...didn't eliminate it. Better than using nothing I guess :)

Yes, and at least it will deter the less determined or knowledgeable poacher.

It's like trying to protect your car from being stolen. It really can't be done, but what you can do is make it more difficult and more often than not the thief will move on looking for easier pickings.

Instead of worrying that your content it's copied you must work harder to increase your website reputation. I think it's more productive.
Sure, you can add a simple plugin, but if the copiers are skilled, then it will be no problem for them to steal.

MI
Back