The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to research keywords after getting only the domain name in seo?

jefhardy

affiliate

suppose you are working as seo executive. u are provided with only domain name. and u have been told to take out some keywords related.. how will u get the keywords..its an interview question?

I'm not sure if I understood your question properly.
If you are looking for similar keywords, then you can just plug the domain name word in Google keywords and get similar keywords.

I would first take note of what the domain implies the company is about. If it's something like "seotalkforums.net" and that's all I have to go on, then I'm going to be able to pick up on it being about seo and it's a forum, so I can start there. You should really ask the company what they're about and research them more as well.

If the domain itself is an exact keyword or phrase and has no content in it, then I will use Market Samurai and Adwords keyword tool to find which keywords would suit the domain name, and then work along those keywords. using those 2 keyword research tools will help me find which keywords I can rank, which keywords will need some more efforts like building more quality backlinks, and which link I should not use because they could be non-commercial/are not buyers' keywords if I intend to sell any services or products on the site. There is more to this whole process which will need a lot of preparation and planning.

If the domain name is vague, like Google was in its initial planning stages many years ago, for example, then we will need to build a niche around it (for example, a quality search engine). :)

You'll need to use the free Google keyword tool. However, you must ask your client for more information. You'll need this information in order to choose the right keywords that are relevant to the company. After getting the keywords, you can then do SEO competition analysis.

I was once asked such a question by a friend but...genuinely i had nothing to tell him... I have also been searching for it..now the second week... I had planned to ask it here in this Forum since I have believe i can get helped..but now jefhardy has just asked it.. so I am also eager to hear from you and I will be the most thankful....

MI
Back