The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to put each detailed product page in the proper category

zultimate1

affiliate
I want web merge to put each detailed product page in the proper category folder, not all in the file I indicated in "create detail pages in" folder.

I tried the two, three an four tier templates and am able to get webmerge to make all the category folder and sub-folders according to my data feed.txt (category/subcategory/etc.)

Webmerge perfectly makes the index pages for each category, and places the index pages in the correct category and sub-category folders and has the correct list of detail pages that belong in those category folders with each index page linking to where the files are currently located...

The files themselves however are not located in the category folders they belong in, they are in the main folder (the one I indicated in "create detail pages in" folder, in the webmerge details tab).

Being that all 50,000 pages are all in that one main folder, is not workable. I need each set of detail files to be automatically placed in the same category folder that they appear on the index pages.

Right now I'm running two webmerge programs, the first one sets up the category folders, and places the index list in each folder. :)

The second one makes all the details pages, but puts them all in the main folder not in the corresponding category folder.:confused:

template one uses
[WM-RECORD]
[WM-IndexLabel: ADVERTISERCATEGORY]
<p> [WM-FIELD: ADVERTISERCATEGORY]</p>
[/WM-IndexLabel]
[/WM-Record]

template 2 uses

[WM-Record]
<P> [WM-Field: NAME]<P>
[/WM-Record]

My webmerge settings are the same as Franks 3 tier system
I've even tried a 4 tier

WebMerge will generated pages within the directory specified in the corresponding tab in the program ("Index Pages" and Detail Pages").

It can also put files into sub-folders if the field specified for the file name contains the path you want.

For example, if you had a field named "FileName" and it contained "SomeCategory/SomeFileName", then WebMerge will create the folder "SomeCategory" and write the file "SomeFileName" within that.

Most databases allow the creation of calculated fields, so that you could set it up to make the path values for your by concatenating the values of other fields.

In what program are you managing your source data?

banners
Back