Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How To Publish Your Blog on Amazon Kindle & Earn Revenue

D

djbaxter

Publish Your Blog on Amazon Kindle & Earn Revenue
Digital Inspiration Blog
May 13, 2009

You can now publish your blog (or any RSS feed) for sale on the Amazon Kindle store and Amazon will share revenue with you for every Kindle user who subscribes to your feed...

Though you have no say in setting the price of your blog, most blogs on Kindle are currently available for a monthly subscription fee of $.99 to $1.99 and your share of revenue is fixed at 30%. You can therefore expect around 30? per month per Kindle subscriber which may seem like a small amount but it at least widens the reach of your content...

If your blog content is available in languages like English, Spanish, French, Italian or German, simply fill this form (create a new account, don?t use your existing Amazon.com account credentials), add the RSS feed of your blog and submit. You may add any number of blogs or news feeds to your account.

...more

See also You Can Now Publish Your Blog on Amazon Kindle

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed Shawn Collins announced all his blogs were on Kindle. I wonder how many people in our space even have Kindle. I know a few do.

I also wonder how many people are going to want to pay for an RSS feed they can have for free.

Being an avid book reader, I completely understand the buzz surrounding the Kindle. Browse the bookblogosphere and you'll likely notice it too. Plus, I've had the pleasure of experiencing one first-hand when a lady I was in jury duty was using hers. :D

It's a nice piece of hardware that allows people the ease to read hundreds of books at their leisure without having to actually carry the books around. And the screen is magnificent (a problem with previous e-readers and reading on computers is that it's quite tiring for the eyes).

That said, I don't know how many people will want to pay to read an RSS feed they can get for free--at least not in the IM or AM niches. In other niches, this might be an opportunity because sometimes people want to read their content while out and about. The Kindle would allow that. The downside, however, is that it's not a web browser, so any affiliate promotions could turn into missed opportunities since the content was not read on a computer. Hope that makes sense.

~ Teli

banners
Back