The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Protect My Web Images?

Jim Moriarty95

affiliate
I have tried to add signature add the right corner of my web images as well as use watermark but some photo shoppers remove those and use it without having any problem. How could I protect my images from them?

I have tried to add signature add the right corner of my web images as well as use watermark but some photo shoppers remove those and use it without having any problem. How could I protect my images from them?
If you are concerning about SEO then that's alright. If photoshop experts are using them but not able to rank them to the search engine. On the other hand, if you are want to sell your image them you have to choose some stock image marketplace and they have the nice protective database.

You could also try using small tiled graphics which no one will bother to steal. Even if they attempt to steal the images, the work involved in reconstructing the "tiled" image would compel them to find images elsewhere. While that won't stop some people from stealing your images, add the watermarks and a copyright notice and it might help a little.

You could also try using small tiled graphics which no one will bother to steal. Even if they attempt to steal the images, the work involved in reconstructing the "tiled" image would compel them to find images elsewhere. While that won't stop some people from stealing your images, add the watermarks and a copyright notice and it might help a little.
This is good idea. Do you have any suggestion about watermark which they are unable to remove.

I wouldn't say there isn't any watermark that can't be removed. Depending on someone's skills with photo editing software they could remove any watermark but you goal is to make it much harder for them to remove the watermark. No one would want to spend more than half an hour trying to remove a watermark when they could search for a similar image elsewhere.

That said, one way you can make it hard for anyone to remove watermarks from your images is by using a transparent watermark that covers a large surface area of the image.

At the end of the day, there's nothing you can do to protect your images from being swiped (especially since the act of viewing the image in your browser requires being able to download it). I'm not suggesting that you not care about the thievery, but unless you're making money off of the images, there's not much point in spending the time or energy to protect them.

If you are trying to monetize off of your images, try providing lower quality or smaller samples.

You can have watermarks in the middle of the image that will deter the image thieves. You can also write the copyright notice. When you find your images to be stolen file a DMCA.

MI
Back