The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to measure site traffic quality for legit & bot-traffic with site data?

You think the traffic is legit or bot-traffic?

• Its seems legit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its bot traffic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to say

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Navid

Hey guys.

I'm new to affiliate marketing & Media buying and I'm doing some website research to find some good websites to run some specific offers on.

I'm using Similarweb for website ranking and get a "taste" of how/where they get their traffic from. The site I'm sharing the data with you is an adult site, so traffic would mainly be Direct, Referral, Search and small % social (or none).

So basically reason I do it is that previously I burned my budget on some sites that almost everything was bot-traffic and I want to determine if the site gets its traffic mainly from bot-traffic or the traffic is mainly legit.

These are some images from the data I got:
HnZvX22.png

q0P1pFn.png

thWFPYJ.png
Dwcfev9.png

Based on these data, is it anyway it can determine if the majority of their traffic is bot-traffic or legit?

Appreciate any help!

i think the best thing is RON traffic, not to put your budget in one website and praying for the traffic to be good .
am i right ?.

I would do a forensic analysis of the advertising target's webserver access.log.

Resolve a random and representative sample of the IPs delivered by the advertising.

Supposition is a waste of time and inconclusive.

Low bounce rate and 3+ pages per user is not much bot traffic (as a guess).

However, if you buy advertising based on that site's profile -- why would it matter? You could just bot those ads and never enter that website. Without server logs you would never know ... 2¢
Thanks a alot man :)

I would do a forensic analysis of the advertising target's webserver access.log.

Resolve a random and representative sample of the IPs delivered by the advertising.

Supposition is a waste of time and inconclusive.

Low bounce rate and 3+ pages per user is not much bot traffic (as a guess).

However, if you buy advertising based on that site's profile -- why would it matter? You could just bot those ads and never enter that website. Without server logs you would never know ... 2 cents

Graybeard, Dec 11, 2017

Navid likes this

banners
Back