The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to make ANY money with an email list of 150 people 39% open rate?

What is a single email subscribe worth a month (not LTV)?

• < $1 USD a month

• > $1 USD a month

• Depends on the list and niche.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

B0081

affiliate
Hello,

I have never made a single cent with email marketing, CPA + paid traffic YES, email marketing No... and I feel like everything I read is nonsense (like every subscriber should make you $1 a month on average)

I have an email list (150 people) I built testing a free traffic method (like 1-2 hours of work).

Everyone on the list signed up for a free opt-in bribe (business ideas
36.55% CR) about making money online and wanting to become self employed...

The last 2 emails I sent (a while ago) had an open rate of 39% for part 1 and 17.5% for 2nd part...

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to make my first $1 (preferably $10+) so I know making money with email is possible and worth doing..

How do I warm them up for a sale? how many emails do I need to send? how do I act? etc... what offer and how much should it cost?

I dont think anyone on this forum or anywhere else can give you a definitive answer.
If what you read was true i would be making millions a month.
Just select your niche, grow your list and keep sending out informational emails related to the niche, and keep the engagement and open rates high. 150 is too small a number to get any results to be honest to send out a sales or Lead gen offer.
Keep trying, A/B testing just like most in the industry do, and hopefully you will crack the code yourself eventually.

Law of random conversions (I just made that up)
  1. Say your (overall) CR rate will be 1%: you may need to reach 300 until you get the first conversion with another 1 or 2 coming.
  2. The next 100 300,100 or 400 might yield 5 conversions -- that's 7 or 8 so far. 401-800 might yield squat -- with 801-1000 yielding 2 -4 conversions.

A real sample for most statistics is 1500+. As said above: your sample is too small.

You are at:
(150*2)*.39

I dont think anyone on this forum or anywhere else can give you a definitive answer.
If what you read was true i would be making millions a month.
Just select your niche, grow your list and keep sending out informational emails related to the niche, and keep the engagement and open rates high. 150 is too small a number to get any results to be honest to send out a sales or Lead gen offer.
Keep trying, A/B testing just like most in the industry do, and hopefully you will crack the code yourself eventually.

Thanks! I did fear 150 was not enough but I was hoping for some form of validation before putting in any real-time

Law of random conversions (I just made that up)
  1. Say your (overall) CR rate will be 1%: you may need to reach 300 until you get the first conversion with another 1 or 2 coming.
  2. The next 100 300,100 or 400 might yield 5 conversions -- that's 7 or 8 so far. 401-800 might yield squat -- with 801-1000 yielding 2 -4 conversions.

A real sample for most statistics is 1500+. As said above: your sample is too small.

You are at:
(150*2)*.39

Okay so get 1500+ then if no sales then I'm doing something wrong.

The $1 value per email / per month is totally hypothetical that someone came up with and it stuck. I have lists that make way more than $1 and I have lists that make way less.

You want to promote something that is relative to what your bribe / info you have been sending them is about.

Thanks! I did fear 150 was not enough but I was hoping for some form of validation before putting in any real-time
Buying ads is 'fast-and-dirty'
SEO and email are a long term process.

• You can buy $10 worth of ads to test some offer or web site/ landing page for UX and affinity.
  • I would definitely test the links out from the emails before using them.
  • As you can see; email is a time consuming process and you don't want to squander the results with poor offers.

Like in any business, getting someone to buy from you requires some time and effort if you don't have a established trust relationship or your product is new.
People may opt-in to your email list but that doesn't mean they will buy from you right away. It just means they are interested in hearing more about your offers and if you keep them engaged with content that interests them you will surely hit the first $1, just a matter of time.
39% open rate could mean many of your messages are not hitting inbox (going to spam).
The rules for spam filters are constantly changing and if you use some words in your emails they can be easily flagged as spam. Also if you are using a bulk email service with low reputation it will impact email delivery.

In the end, I believe it is a matter of checking your delivery rate and also the quality of your content.
This is something that requires patience. Those folks selling dreams is just that, dreams. They tell you you should make $1 for email but it's all relative and depend on various factors.

Last edited:
You need to increase number of the people who are in your list. That's for sure, but for now you really need something like few more improvements like sending some newsletter, some e-mails even without any links here at all. And in the long run something will bite.

Good point Faelmaran. It is a good idea not to try to sell right away. Customers might feel harassed or something.
It is better to play safe and have something more in the long term than trying to sell right away and get customers upset.
I made these mistakes when I started and I can tell by own experience, it is not good.
People signing up to your mailing is a good sign. Now everything else depends on how you keep them engaged with contents they will find useful. After building the trust, selling will be just a matter of time.

Still, the more precise reply truly depends on your industry. For instance, MailChimp advises that the average open rate for corporations in hobby industries is 28.49%, while the average open rate in the marketing/advertising industry is 17.85%.

MI
Back