Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to make and promote your first website

D

djbaxter

Want To Make Your First Website?
By Daniel Scocco, Daily Blog Tips
July 7, 2010

Most of my offline friends and relatives know I work full time on the Internet, and as such many of them come to me asking how they can make their own websites. Instead of explaining the basics to each one, I tried to find a simple online tutorial for that. After some research I couldn?t find anything I liked, so I decided to create one. That is the story behind my latest project: HowToMakeAWebsite.net.

On the homepage of that site you?ll find a complete tutorial explaining how anyone can get a website up and running in a matter of hours. I cover how to choose the domain, how to get a hosting plan, how to install WordPress, how to choose a nice template and how to customize the website design. Over time I?ll polish and add more sections to that tutorial (suggestions are welcomed).

Starting next week I?ll publish other articles there too, covering aspects like website promotion, basic search engine optimization, web usability and so on.
If you subscribe to the newsletter of that site you?ll get the latest eBook I wrote, titled 50 Mistakes to Avoid When Making Your Website.

Great content and tips for websites! We might want to mention that it's important to think about SEO, or search engine optimization, of your websites before you start with on-page factors.
Here are few tips to consider:

•Place keywords or phrases NATURALLY within the copy of your website.
•Do not KEYWORD stuff. Meaning, don’t just cram your keywords within the text and it not make sense. Make sure it has a natural flow.
•Rule of thumb: try to naturally place your keywords or phrases within every 100 words of your copy.
•When establishing your domain name, be sure to include your keywords.
•Put a keyword link back to your homepage in the body.

banners
Back