The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to Know if Niche is Too Competitive

lokodomain, check out the stickies in our <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/">Niche Marketing Forum</a> for some of the best tips and tools for finding your niche.

If you are looking for a good tool to help you find profitable niches and keywords that you can actually rank for then I'll tell you my secret. There is a tool called Market Samurai that I've been using for the past year and it is absolutely wonderful. It helps you all the way from finding keywords that work for your niche to helping you research your competition and then tracking the ranking for your keywords. You can also use it to find article material and then put it together with with all the SEO to help you get indexed and ranked.

It is very important that you target a very specific niche, don?t go to broad otherwise you will get lost, and then you will hardly make sales. The important thing is also to analize economical, cultural and political situation. What?s going on in the world? For example, if the fifa world cup is coming soon, you can choose a narrow niche of people who are interested in a team, or for example american teams, or tourist that are going out for the first time. You have to be clever, but remember first focus your niche, then develop a product or choose a product to promote.

Competitiveness of the niche can be easily determined:
  1. observe how the top pages work, do they post at regular base
  2. observe their backlinks
  3. find out how their onsite optimization is done

I use Traffic Travis to find out the toughness of top 10 competition.

I first go to Google and find a niche I think I would like to promote. I then look at the keywords in the description of the Google top 10 search results.

I now look to see what the top ten in the results are selling. If I like the products and if think the products are profitable I will then look a little further.

I now go find the most profitable product for that niche that will produce sales. Once I have the products I look for low competitive keyword with good search results.

If those keywords produce searches with low competition I will then produce a website or blog. Remember this If you cant get in the top ten results or on page one of google, bing or yahoo it is very hard to get sales with a blog or a website.

Don't give up there if you think you have a good product there are other ways to advertise online without a website or blog.

banners
Back